015

Chapter 15 : I failed miserably...

The jester wore his cap with dangling bells at each point. He was making noises as he shuffled towards the entrance of the stage, ready to put on a performance. When he heard the ringmaster call out his false name, it was his cue to pull down his mask and run in.

He was showered with applause. As he bowed to greet the boisterous audience, the jester's grin was hidden beneath his mask. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. May I not include those young lads over there?" the jester joked, pointing to the upper section of the seats, where he saw guys constantly nagging the girls below them.

The men who he had called out stopped what they were doing and leaned back. Though hyunjin was far from them, his sharp hearing carried by one of his abilities enabled him to hear what they had said about him; A tall freak, ashamed to take off his mask because he looked unpleasant. Poor them, they were apparantly new to the show and they hadn't seen the jester without a mask, yet they were quick to pass judgement.

Hyunjin smirked and resumed his much-anticipated performance. The director's strategy had been successful. Making the jester put on a mask turned the whole audience a little quiet since they couldn't see the gorgeous man behind it.

There were still a lot of people coming in to see him perform when the show resumed. First things first, he performed juggling, cracked some jokes, and used some clever puns. They were all laughing, and people were easily intrigued. He never practiced, which surprised Hyunjin greatly.

And at the end of his shows, that's when things get heated up. The jester stared at the blade; a 20-inch edged blade that had a very sharp tip, to inform you. He's about to shove it all down his throat. He wasn't in the least bit worried. He could tell the audience was interested because they leaned forward in their respective seats, mouths agape.

The jester lit the blade up from its tip, and the flame spread all the way up to the handle. But neither he nor his white gloves were burned. It seemed like it was made of tough, silk fabric. People gasped. Some were scared and were telling him to not do it.

He'd listen if he were a human.

beheading him wouldn't kill him, let alone having an entire blade rammed down his throat whilst ablaze. As he began, he began slowly and horribly. Some, who had just come in, left in an instant as they couldn't stomach seeing such a sight. Most of them were so invested in it that they kept telling him to push it down even further.

The music in the background and the encouranging screams urged him to keep on going. He did that whilst juggling a pair of neon balls with one hand and tapping the sole of his shoes against the wooden floor, rhythmatically. It was quite an amazing sight to see. Therefore, the performance was worthwhile, as usual.