002

Chapter 2: the encounter

I got inspired, hyunjin is back

I got inspired, hyunjin is back. ♡

-

it was night, felix was feeling unwell. he held his stomach and groaned. "fuck." he mutters under his breath as he felt another pain shot up on his stomach, he wanted to think if he had eaten something rotten earlier but he couldn't recall anything.

it must be the sandwich that jisung gave to him.

a ding rang through his head. sandwich was the only food he ate today. he wanders his hands to his bed, searching for his phone.

"Jisung, i need to call jisung, c-call him." he says in struggle, finding it hard to even speak.

felix feels like crying when he doesnt feel his phone anywhere his bed, as he groans in frustration, he clenched his fists. "oh god, it's hurting so much again."

felix flipped over onto his stomach, "m-medicine, need to buy, f-for my stomach." he shuts his eyes, quickly standing up from his bed, throwing on his coat. he couldnt take it any longer anymore, he felt like his stomach is gonna explode in a minute. he slid on his shoes before storming out from his dorm.

it was late at night, he wasnt even sure if there's still pharmacy open 24/7. there must be.

felix shoves both of his hands inside his pocket, avoiding the coldness piercing through the fabric of his coat. it was thick enough, but not enough to make him warm.

"please, please..." felix says, turning his head in random directions hoping to find any store or pharmacy. it was very dark, making it more difficult for him. the only light guiding him was the street lights that barely helps him, it was flickering for what reason.

adding up that he has a sight problem, he can't see in the dark, and he doesn't like dark places.

last time he checked it was 1:32 in the morning.

"ah! why am i so unlucky today!" felix yelled, gripping his coat. ignoring the pain, he knew it's gonna stop sooner or later but it would take alot of time. it lasts for hours, and he cant hold it that long!

suddenly the street lights went steady, the whole place lit up brightly. felix inhales, closing his eyes."except this one, thank god." felix says, adjusting his sight on the lights.

"bad night?" a man spoke from behind, it sounds quirky but scary at the same time, the whole atmosphere became eerie.

felix stood up, he slowly looks over his shoulder.

there, he see a man that appears to be 6ft tall, wearing white suit that fits his body. and a mask. felix doesnt know if he should be alerted or not.

"a-are you like...the good version of, the man in red?" felix asks, as he stood frozen.

"hm, never heard of him." the man chuckles under his mask, his suit was clean. no stain dirt despite of the whole ground was covered in mud due to heavy rain.

felix cracks an awkward smile. "i better get going, stomachache haha." Felix started to walk backwards, he had this fear that if he turn his back, the stranger would suddenly stab him or choke him from behind. The stranger looks suspiciously suspicious after all.

"For you." The man extended out his arm, showing his fist then opening his hand. There's a capsule laying on top of his palm. Felix started to wonder how did the man get that... Like how, felix is pretty sure that he didn't see the man taking it out from anywhere his pocket.

"H-how the fu... " felix in shock.

"Magic." The man says, in just one wave of a hand, confetti appeared out of nowhere and it scattered everywhere.

Felix amazed and freaked out at the same time that he even forgot about his stomach. He leaned more into it.

"Wait how did you do that?" Felix asks, looking up. Touching a single confetti to check if it was real, turns out, yes it was. But the main question is: how.

Can be who or what are you, but that doesn't matter now. Felix was kinda entertained. He had some interest in magic since he was a kid, he used to watch magic tricks.

"Do you want more magic tricks?" The man says, he sounds persuading. As if he's doing something to convince felix, or make felix fall more into it deeply.

"But first, take this. You don't want your stomach to explode, didn't you?" The man said, as he hands felix the capsule.

"T-thanks." Felix nods.

"Aren't I sweet?" The man covers the lower part of his mask, where the mouth is located with three of his fingers sticking together, letting out a goofy laugh.

Now it gets weirder and weirder.

"Oh the magic! Yes, right, I am sorry. I didn't totally forget that." The goofy laugh intensifies, and the nervousness of felix also grew more higher. He's getting the feeling.

The man raises his one arm above his head, then dropping it back down not long after, he was now holding a black umbrella, along with a change of a color of his suit that just turned blood red.

"Tadaa!" The man clapped his hands and a round of applause can be heard nowhere. Felix is super freaked out, and not just that. He's currently seeing the man he don't really want to see all his life.

Felix took a step backward, with his eyes wide open and jaw almost dropping to the ground. "The man in Red..." He mumbles. He continues backing away until his back hits the wall.

"I see, that's what they call me. That is pretty sad, I call myself. A jester." His goofy voice was muffled by his mask, his eyes are visible. Felix is making an eye contact with the urban legend.

"Now..." The man in Red crosses his feet, resting his umbrella on the wall. Taking out the cards from his back. And felix already knew where this is going. He had heard of the story and his ways.

He wasn't just sure of how to get rid of him.

Felix is really unlucky.

Felix gulped, thinking if there is possible ways to escape, of course there is. That is to run.

But the problem is, The man in Red is trapping him by his eyes, Felix can't seem to move. As if he was paralyzed by the man's very intimidating stares. And so felix stood still, back sticked against the wall.

One of the man's abilities.

Most people would lose their minds once the said urban legend put his eyes on you. But felix is still figuring his way out. Sure he is paralyzed, but his mind is still working properly.

Felix pulled himself together, breaking their eye contact, finally the heavy feeling washed off from his body, and felix took the chance to run off, he wasn't sure where to go but he wanted to get as far as possible from the dangerous man.

The man in Red just stared at felix until he's completely out of his sight, eyebrows arched.

Normally, he would chase them down. But he just stood there.

"Impossible, how did he manage to escape my grasp."

-

I guess felix is immune to him.

by the way this is shitty af.