016

Chapter 16: Years in the entertainment.

Years had passed by unnoticed and quickly. The fool was unaware of how much time he had spent inside the circus. Through the highs and lows of his life, he had poured his heart and soul into the entertainment industry. He still continued to be The Jester, which he was reborn to be.

He endured every obstacle that stood in his way, and overcame them by taking advantage of his inhumane abilities. It simplified his life; allowed him to squeeze through the cracks. He was never treated normally as a result of being regarded as a tall freak. After all, he wasn't a human. What did he expect?

Without the guidance of the entity who had transformed him into the man he was today, Chris never showed up, and the last time he did was before that certain show; when The Jester had thrown up and embarrassed himself in front of numerous people.

He never showed up since then.

Mysteriously, as though someone had replaced the Devil. The fool had detected a scent of purity, and innocence. It was... outstanding. Yet, he was compelled to avoid that human.

It all started after that show. 11 years ago. At the backyard, where The Jester was changing garments, And someone approached him from behind, out of the blue.

"Hello, excuse me, sir. That was a fantastic performance. I'm looking forward to your next sho-."

"I'd love to hear more about your sarcasm, but I've got somewhere to go." Said the rushing Jester. Besides, his latest performance was nothing but a piece of failure. How could someone be entertained by it? He gagged, he produced blood out of his mouth. The fool was incredibly pitiful at that precise moment. What an outrageous human to mock him.

The Jester heard some soft footsteps edging him around, but he never turned his back nor faced the obnoxious approacher. How did that human gain access to the backyard when only natives are allowed in? Did he, perhaps, break in?

"Oh sir, that wasn't sarcasm. I truly loved what you did back there. It was astounding, I must say! Oh, also, I could even barely know if it was a mistake, or part of your show. You did very good!"

Oh, was he easily persuaded by those compliments? Despite being aware that he botched up the show and become the subject of gossip in the community. The Failure, a Gory Jester. He was being called all kind of ridiculous names, and Hyunjin wanted to sew their mouths shut if he hadn't been able to keep his raging desire to massacre a large group under control.

Perhaps because that human was the first to ever praise his failure, he was able to recognize the significance of it in the most profound way. Hence, he'd appreciated The Jester's performance in its entirety.