1

Cover by: SxmplyMoxxi

MOST TRIGGERS ARE SKIPPABLE THIS BOOK (I added TW ... (the trigger specific) and TW OVER with a summary at the bottom of each chapter needed)

IMPORTANT:
Everyone with autism is different and not everyone is the same as I described George in Out Of Control and Clay in this book. Since this is the things I personally struggle with, I can more easily write about this type :)

TW's:
-Death
-Fire
(This is really graphic, I put a warning where it starts and where it ends so you can skip, there will be a summary at the bottom)

Clay's POV

I sat in front of the fireplace in my house, watching it with a smile on my face. Watching the fire always made me very calm and I was softly rocking as I made soft stimming sounds.

I was holding Wolly very tightly. Wolly was my stuffed llama, I loved Wolly a lot. I showed Wolly the fire and hugged him again. I put my thumb in my mouth as I rocked softly. I felt my dad lay his hand on my shoulder and he smiled at me.

'Do you enjoy the fire, Clay?'

I nodded slowly and looked at it in some sort of trance. I really liked watching the fire and pulled my knees up, hugging Wolly in between my legs and chest. I still had my thumb in my mouth and rocked softly.

My mum smiled at me and sat down next to me on the ground. I didn't like to be touched so I scooted away a bit and my mum smiled at me again. I got a bit closer to the fire to watch it better and showed Wolly the fire again. I was sure he liked the fire too.

'Clay?'

I didn't look up but made my eyes bigger so my parents understood I was listening.

'Would you like to use the fireplace poker? I will hold your hand.'

I nodded softly and lifted my hand. My dad gave me the poker as he held it too and went closer to the fire as he rolled some of the wood around. I put Wolly on the ground and held the poker with my other hand too since it was too heavy for me.

MOST GRAPHIC SCENE STARTS HERE, I WILL PUT A SMALL SUMMARY AT THE BOTTOM IF YOU SKIP

I scooted a bit closer to the fire and suddenly felt a spark of fire touch my hand. I startled really badly and pulled both my hands back, but everything went wrong.

One piece of wood fell out of the fireplace onto the rug and the poker fell down as well. My mum screamed and my dad tried grabbing the wood as my mum stood up and lifted me up.

Within seconds the whole rug was on fire and I ran upstairs to escape from it. I grabbed my stuffed animals and my photo book. I grabbed my favourite shirt and my pyjamas as well as I heard loud screams downstairs.

I ran back with the stuff and saw that my mother's hair had caught on fire. My dad was trying to put it out and looked at me. 'Clay, RUN. Run as far as you can and call the firefighters.'

He threw his phone at me. 'The code is 9317.'

I seemed paralysed as I literally saw my mum's clothes burn and my dad's caught on fire as well.

'Clay, RUN NOW.'

'Mommy?' I whispered as I looked at her with tears in my eyes. 'Daddy?'

'Clay, we love you.'

I felt a tear roll down my face and my dad pulled off his burning shirt, running closer to me. He kissed my cheek. 'Run, Clay. I'm going to save mommy.'