16

CW's:
-Muscle disease
TW's:
-Bullying
-Mentions abuse/bruises/cuts

George's POV

The next morning, I woke up with the worst headache I had ever experienced and called my sister to help me. She ran into my room and I saw her inspecting my forehead.

'I should have brought you to the hospital, but I don't have anything I can take you with,' she muttered. 'You have a big cut in your forehead and your whole face is bruised.'

I nodded slowly. 'I'm going to school, because dad will kill me if I stay home.'

'But I don't think that's a good idea.'

'I don't want to get killed.'

My sister nodded slowly and grabbed my hands to help me get up.

'I'm not showering today,' I muttered. I went to the bathroom to wash some of the blood away and pulled of my shirt to inspect the bruises on my chest as well.

I got startled as my sister suddenly walked in and she looked at me with concern in her eyes. 'George, you're really thin and pretty bruised here as well. Have you been eating less?'

I shook my head and shrugged after. 'I mean, maybe I have been eating less, but that's because I'm constantly in pain and nauseous because of dad kicking me around like some sort of football.'

My sister nodded and opened a drawer. 'Can I try to hide the bruises a little bit? You have PE today, but please don't participate in that.'

'My teacher is strict, I have to participate.'

'Be careful,' she muttered as she very carefully started hiding my bruises. She finished ten minutes later, but it was still pretty visible. 'I'm sorry, I'm not a makeup pro.'

'It's fine, thank you.'

Luckily she didn't put it on my chest, so I pulled on my shirt again and let myself slide down the stairs as I behaved as nice as possible.

'Good morning,' I said to my parents with a fake smile. I let myself fall down on the chair and got a bit sad when no one said anything back to me.

'Oh, did you buy new bread at the bakery? I love these,' I smiled at my mother.

She gave me a short nod and I gave up. They weren't going to talk back to me anyway. I ate something as fast as possible and grabbed my bag after. Since I couldn't lift heavy things, I never took all my books with me. I got detention a lot, but I was fine with that since I then didn't have to go home then.

When I moved, I didn't switch schools, something I didn't really enjoy a lot. I didn't only get abused at home, but I got bullied at school as well. I took a deep breath as I started walking to school. I couldn't take my bike because I was too weak for that so I had to walk  for half an hour. I often fell and had to crawl to a pole to stand up again.

I arrived at school around forty minutes later and took a deep breath before entering. I had to mentally prepare myself first and walked in after that. I knew I walked a little weird, as I more likely walked on my toes than on my whole feet, but it wasn't a reason to bully me.

I walked to the lockers to see if I had some of my books in there so I wouldn't get five hours of detention and noticed almost all of them were in here. I grabbed them and sat down on a bench when I saw a boy coming up to me.

'Hey, what happened to you?' The boy's name was Sapnap and he looked at me concernedly.

I shrugged. 'I'm very clumsy. I fell down the stairs and hit my head against the wall.'

'That doesn't look like you really hit the wall.'

'It is, though,' I smiled.

Sapnap nodded slowly and I saw that he wanted to say something else. I managed to stand up and started walking away. 'I have PE.'

'Okay,' Sapnap muttered. 'Are you sure that you're alright?'

I nodded. 'I'm fine!'

I walked away as fast as I could and fell down in the changing room for PE. A lot of people were already here and a boy walked up to me with a mean smile on his face. 'You're so ugly with all those bruises.'

I gave him a short nod and turned around as I pulled off my shirt to change into my different one. I knew the boy wasn't talking because he was startled by all the bruises on my chest, but I pulled on a different shirt, changed into different sweats and walked to the hall.

The teacher looked at me and stared at my bruised face for a little. Then he pointed at a bench. 'You can sit down today. I'll let others prepare. We are going to do a strength and stamina test today.'

I didn't answer him as I knew I would get laughed at by all of them when I wouldn't even be able to lift two kilos. I sat down on the bench, leaning against the wall. I was very tired, I had a lot of pain and my head was constantly pounding. I just didn't want to be anywhere anymore.

Or at least, I didn't want to be at home and also not at school. I wished to be with Clay. After he kissed my cheek yesterday, I genuinely got confused about my feelings. I wasn't sure if I liked boys in the first place, but now I wasn't sure if I liked Clay as more than just a friend.

I wished to be with him, but that wouldn't only be because I would like him then, I also wanted to escape from all the mean people. Clay was sweet to me and he let me cuddle with Wolly. He was really pure and sweet, yesterday he took care of me and gave me a new towel. I found him very adorable and handsome.

1014 words