21

I FORGOT TO POST SORRY

TW's:
-(Child) abuse/wounds
-Homophobia

Clay's POV

TW (CHILD) ABUSE/HOMOPHOBIA

I woke up when I heard people screaming and looked behind me. I got a little bit scared and ran to my brother who was standing next to George's dad.

'YOU ARE GROSS, GEORGE.'

'I didn't do anything, I just hugged him,' George whispered.

His dad pushed him against the wall and didn't seem to notice my brother and I were also here.

'Stop hurting your son like that,' my brother said with a loud and demanding voice.

'Don't get involved, stupid asshole.'

George's dad started squeezing George's arms and George winced.

'Are you GAY?'

'I-,' George muttered. 'Leave m-me alone. There are p-people here.'

'Let go of him, right now,' my brother yelled. He tried getting George's dad away, but my brother wasn't as strong as he was.

'The school called me George, you got no grade for PE class, because you left the school. You're a disappointment, I hate you. Everyone is allowed to see how much I hate you.'

George's dad hit George in his face, lifting his knee after to pin George tightly against the wall. He got hit another time, his arm got completely turned around just as long as it took George to scream out loud.

My brother looked at me. 'Go to Wolly and call the police.'

He let go of me and ran to George. He managed to stand in front of him as he pushed George's dad away. 'Don't touch your son again,' he yelled at George's dad.

TW OVER

I got very scared and ran to Wolly as I grabbed my phone to call the police. It was awfully similar to the day that I called the emergency number for my house, but I managed to stay strong and call it again.

'What's the address of your emergency?'

'I don't know,' I whispered. 'I'm at the farm with Wolly.'

'Okay, what's your emergency?'

'My friend's father was hitting my friend and my brother is in there too.'

'Is his dad abusing your friend?'

'Yes. My brother is there too, he told me to call the emergency number, but I find it very scary.'

'The police are on their way, why do you find it scary?'

'Because it reminds me a lot of my trauma.'

'I'm so sorry to hear that,' the woman said. 'I'm very proud of you for calling me.'

'The woman told me to show the firefighters my llama shirt.'

'Is your name Clay?'

'How do you know that?'

'Because I never forgot that boy. He was ten when he called me, because there was a fire at the house. I remember him talking about Wolly and his pyjamas.'

'That's me,' I whispered.

'Oh, I haven't spent a day without thinking about you. I remember you so well. You were already so brave back then.'

I smiled. 'Thank you, I still have Wolly.'

'Clay, my working time is almost over. Would you like to show me Wolly?'

'Yes,' I muttered. 'Are you going to save my friend? I don't want my brother and my friend to be in pain.'

'The police are very close.'

'Okay.'

'You're my last phone call, I will come to you.'

TW WOUNDS

'Okay,' I said again and she hung up. I walked back inside and was startled as I saw George laying very still on the ground. My brother was screaming at his dad and I ran to George.

'Georgie!' I yelled as I started shaking his body softly.

George opened his eyes and smiled at me, grabbing my hand after.

'Where do you have pain?'

He pointed at his arm, chest and face.

'I will take care of you,' I said as I stood up to get a towel. I held it under the tap as I heard police people run in. I ignored them and went back to George as his dad got arrested.

'Look, I have a towel.'

George smiled. 'I can see that, thank you.'

I softly dabbed it on his face. 'More pain?'

'It's fine, thank you for helping me.'

TW OVER

I slowly lifted him up and sat next to him to pull him close to me. 'Are you sad?'

'A little bit.'

'Why was he mad?'

'He's always mad at me, no matter what happens.'

I nodded slowly. 'I'm not mad at you.'

'I'm glad.'

'Do you want to see Wolly the Sheep?'

'Can you try to help me get up?'

I nodded and stood up as I lifted George up. I helped him walk outside and George rested his head against the back of Wolly the Sheep.

'Thank you for helping me, I hope my dad is finally going to get arrested now.'

'I hope so too. I called with a woman and she was the same person as the one I called when I was ten.'

'That must have been very nice!'

'She is coming to see us, because she never forgot me after I called her.'

'Now you're talking about that,' George started as he pointed behind me. 'I think she might be there.'

I turned around and saw a woman come closer to me. She smiled as she saw me with both the Wolly's and I stood up to run to her. 'Hello!'

'Hello, Clay. I'm so glad to see you. I've thought about you every single day, sweetie. How are you?'

'I'm tired, but I'm happy with Wolly.'

'I'm so proud of you, you have been such a strong boy twice!'

'Mommy and daddy are safe,' I said as I nodded. 'Look, that's my friend. I think I like him.'

I didn't really realise George could hear me and he giggled as he came closer, kissing my cheek. 'I think I like him too, but that's still a secret,' George giggled.

The woman smiled and grabbed my hand. 'You can always call me or come over to my place,' she said as she handed me a paper with some handwritten text. 'I'm very proud of you.'

'I have autism and ADHD,' I said. 'It was very hard for me.'

'I get that, sweetie. But you're so strong, I bet your friend also thinks the same way about you.'

I smiled. 'I have new parents and a brother now. I love my brother, because he hugs me when I'm sad. He also watched football and my favourite series with me. Sometimes I can watch fish and bird videos.'

'That's sounds great.'

We talked for a little and she left after as I went to my house with George to comfort him.

1097 words

Summary:
George gets beaten up in front of Clay and his brother because he was cuddling with Clay. Clay calls the police as his brother tells him to.