22

CW's:
-Muscle disease
TW's:
-Hospitals/mentions blood

George's POV

It was the next morning and Clay's brother and Clay were with me in the car on our way to the doctor. My dad got arrested and so did my mum, I was staying at Clay's place for now. I was going to the doctor for my weak muscles and Clay's brother was driving me and Clay.

We arrived at the doctor a few minutes later and I slowly walked inside as the doctor almost immediately called me. He shook my hand and immediately nodded slowly as he felt me squeeze his hand very lightly.

We walked inside and he told me to sit down. 'What can I help you with?'

'I haven't been believed for years long, but I think something might be wrong with my muscles. I have bad pains, I lost all my muscles and I'm very weak. I have trouble walking, running, jumping and a lot actually. I fall down a lot and then I can't get up anymore. On top of that I'm also very quickly out of breath.'

'That's a lot, can you immediately come with me?'

I nodded and helped myself up with some trouble. The doctor looked at me and watched me walk. 'Do you always walk on your toes?'

'A little,' I nodded.

'Okay, can you sit down and press with your feet against my hands?'

I nodded and tried my hardest, but I couldn't get his hands to move. The doctor nodded and told me to do it with my hands now. This also didn't seem to work at all and the doctor wrote some things down.

'Can you try to lift this?' he asked as he showed me a thick book.

I nodded and grabbed the book, letting it fall down immediately. 'I'm sorry for dropping it,' I muttered.

'It's fine. George, I'm going to send you to the hospital immediately. I want you to have some blood drawn, because it looks a lot like muscle dystrophy. This is dangerous if you don't treat it, so you have to go as fast as possible. Since when do you have these symptoms?'

'I think I have them from around ten years old? But it wasn't that bad back then.'

I sat back down next to Clay, he was playing with Wolly with his thumb in his mouth. I smiled at him and tapped his hand to ask if I could grab his hand. Clay made his eyes big to answer me and I grabbed his hand, locking our fingers together.

'I'm going to bring him to the hospital right away,' Clay's brother said.

We thanked the doctor and went to the car again. Clay was still holding my hand and sat down next to me in the car, resting his head on my shoulder.

'Clay?' I said with a smile.

Clay made his eyes big again to let me know he was listening and I smiled.

'Would you like to go to the farm together? Just us two.'

Clay nodded and held my arm tightly as he looked at me. He leaned in a little bit and kissed my cheek with bright red cheeks. I smiled and giggled shyly. 'I like you,' Clay smiled.

'I like you too.'

Clay didn't seem to realise my words and put his thumb back in his mouth as he played with Wolly again.

We sat like this in the car for ten more minutes and I went inside the hospital. There I got some blood drawn and they did other tests on me as well. I just had to wait a few days now and if my blood test results weren't good, I would have a muscle biopsy to see if I actually had muscle dystrophy.

I went to Clay's place and Clay went to see Wolly. After I rested for half an hour, I stood up and went to Clay. I could see him through the window and smiled as I found him very cute with his stuffed animal and his thumb in his mouth. He was rocking and hugging the sheep at the same time.

I grabbed a biscuit for myself and for Clay and a bottle of water as I slowly started walking to Clay. I was a little bit nervous as I was planning on telling Clay that I was actually in love with him.

I sat down next to Clay and handed him the biscuit. 'Do you want one?'

Clay nodded and took a bite from the biscuit as he pointed at Wolly. 'Wolly was happy to see me, because he walked to me when I came here.'

'I bet he was happy, he probably missed you this morning.'

Clay nodded and I smiled at him as I grabbed his hand. 'Clay, can I tell you something?'

Clay raised his eyebrows and I smiled.

'Clay, your brother told me that you find recognising signals and love language a bit difficult. Is that right?'

Clay nodded as he scooted a bit closer to me, looking at my hand with a blush on his face.

'Since you find it difficult to recognise, I want to tell you something. When I told you that I like you, I meant more than just as friends. I've fallen in love with you, because you're the cutest and the sweetest boy alive. I'm gay as well and I'm in love with you.'

Clay giggled and the blush on his face got brighter. 'I feel butterflies for you, does that mean I'm in love with you as well? I find it all a little bit difficult, but I think I'm in love with you too.'

I smiled. 'Can you tell me what you're ready for and what not? I don't want to go too fast and overwhelm you.'

'I want to be your boyfriend,' Clay said with a big smile on his face. 'Do you want to be my boyfriend too? I would really like to.'

'I would love to be your boyfriend, is that official now? Are we boyfriends?'

Clay nodded heavily and cuddled up with me. 'I'm happy that you're my boyfriend now.'

'I'm happy as well.'

1025 words