20

TW's:
-Mentions Clay's trauma (fire/death)

George's POV

TW CLAY'S TRAUMA

Clay was just watching videos in my arms as his brother looked at me. 'Clay is my little adopted brother,' he smiled. 'When Clay was ten years old, both his parents died in a fire. Clay and Wolly survived, because Clay was brave enough to call the firefighters for help.'

I nodded. 'That's actually terrible, I'm so sorry.'

'Clay has post traumatic stress disorder, easily said PTSD. He has a lot of nightmares, flashbacks and panic attacks about it.'

Clay suddenly looked up with tears in his eyes. 'Mommy and daddy?'

'They are safe, Clay,' his brother said. 'They are safer than here on earth.'

Clay nodded and rested his head back on my chest. 'I miss them.'

'Clay, watch the video of the fish,' I smiled.

Clay nodded and got distracted again. I looked at his brother. 'How was the fire caused?'

Clay's bother pointed at the fireplace. I nodded and understood that he didn't want to speak out the words for Clay.

TW OVER

'How does he usually calm down?'

'We sleep in one room. I hug him when he has a nightmare. Sometimes I show him videos or let him grab Wolly as he puts his thumb in his mouth. And he stims a lot like he's doing now.'

I listened to the soft sounds Clay was making and smiled. 'I heard him do that more often.'

'He calms down when he stims or rocks.'

'It's great that he has something to calm down with.'

Clay looked up at me. 'I want to kiss you somewhere.'

I giggled. 'You can.'

'You're very handsome,' Clay muttered and I saw him looking at his brother to make sure he wasn't saying the wrong things. His brother put his thumb in the air and pointed at his cheek to show him where he could kiss me.

Clay leaned in and kissed my cheek, blushing after. 'Did I do that wrongly?'

'You did it right,' I smiled with dark red cheeks.

'Do you also want to kiss me? I want to kiss you.'

'He's always very honest,' Clay's brother smiled.

I giggled and ran my hand through Clay's hair as I kissed his forehead. 'Are you happy?'

Clay nodded heavily and closed his eyes. 'I'm going to sleep, because I'm very tired.'

'Okay, you can sleep.'

Clay closed his eyes and I pulled him close to lay him down comfortably. His brother smiled at us and I giggled as I looked at Clay. My cheeks heated up a lot and I felt butterflies fill my stomach as I looked at him.

'Can I ask you something?' I muttered as I looked at Clay's brother.

He nodded. 'Of course, what's up?'

'I'm just so confused about my sexuality and it's stressing me out.'

'Okay, I know a bit about it. We can talk about it if you want to.'

I nodded. 'Yes, please. It's just weird, I have never had feelings for girls and didn't really understand why people liked girls so much. I thought I was aromantic, but I have uh- well-. I kind of feel butterflies for Clay.'

'I don't think you're aromantic then, I think you would be gay if I heard that.'

'What is Clay? He's gay too right?'

'He is,' my brother smiled. 'In fact, I'm part of the LGBTQ+ as well.'

'Really?'

'Yes, I like a boy at work. I think I'm more something like pan or bisexual. If I hear you talk about this, I think you're most likely to be gay.'

'I don't know what to think of that.'

'What do you mean?'

'I don't think I will be accepted. I kind of like Clay, but I will have to hide that forever.'

'Not for me and Clay. Clay probably won't notice it anyway and I know now. Are you falling in love with him?'

I shrugged. 'I'm just dumb, but I don't know how love feels. I've never loved anyone.'

Clay's brother took the time to explain to me how love felt and I nodded slowly. 'I guess I'm falling in love with him then.'

He smiled and nodded. 'That's fine. Clay is an amazing boy, isn't he?'

I noticed my cheeks heat up as I smiled. 'Now I know what love is, I think I might be falling in love if I'm not in love already. Did you come out?'

'Yes, I came out to my parents and Clay. And basically the boy I like too.'

'Basically?'

'He kissed me and I kissed back so I guess he won't think I'm straight then.'

I smiled. 'I hope it turns out to be something good between you two.'

'I hope so too,' he smiled.

'He kissed you already, so I don't think he doesn't like you.'

'Maybe I should just take the next step and then see.'

'You could, I'm not experienced in love, but I think that's the best thing to do.'

I cuddled up even tighter with Clay. I smiled and kissed his forehead as he was peacefully sleeping in my arms. I saw him moving a little bit, he seemed a bit scared. I grabbed his hand and carefully let him put his thumb in his mouth. He did in his sleep and wrapped his other arm around my waist.

My stomach was completely filled with butterflies and I looked up at Clay's brother with a smile. 'I really like him a lot. Do you know what his love language is? How do I know if he loves me as well?'

'Acts of service, he shows that he cares through actions and sometimes through psychical affection, but mostly actions. He helps someone he loves a lot and does everything for him.'

'That's so cute.'

'What is yours?'

'I like to be close to that person and spend time with them. When I'm close to someone and when I'm alone with them, I like telling them that I love and appreciate them.'

Clay's brother smiled and opened his mouth to say something as the door suddenly opened and my dad walked in the room. He looked at me holding Clay with a mad look in his eyes. I carefully stood up and hid myself in the corner of the room as my dad stormed to me.

1045 words