4

CW's:
-Muscles disease
TW's:
-Emotional abuse (mentions of it in the whole chapter)

George's POV

I was walking very slowly behind my parents. I was exhausted from today. Today was a bad day full of muscle pains again, but unfortunately no one believed me. I got used to the pain and the weakness I felt every day.

Since I was ten, I had always felt a bit different than other people. I was weaker than others, I could never keep up with others in PE class. I was slower, way weaker and it started to worry me. I often fell down, I dropped a lot of plates and I was the worst at lifting things.

Walking went a bit more difficult than for others and running was very hard. I didn't do sports since I felt too weak, although my parents always told me I was just complaining. Meanwhile, I had trouble walking the stairs or standing up when I had been sitting down.

Every day was filled with pain and I was losing weight as well. I felt very weak for a few years now and wished to go to the doctor for it. But then again, my parents didn't believe me.

A while back my parents sold our previous house to go and live on the farm here. It wasn't really a farm, it had a big garden with some barns and a sheep. I didn't necessarily want to move, although I also liked being here a tiny bit. The house was cosy and small and we had a big garden in which my parents would maybe put some more animals.

I had just walked inside as I saw a boy sitting with the sheep in our garden. It looked like he had just cried and he was holding a llama stuffed animal. As my parents went inside the house, I struggled to walk over to him.

He looked up slowly, avoiding eye contact with me and I saw him looking down at the sheep and his stuffed animal again.

'Who are you?'

'Clay,' the boy whispered as he crawled a bit away.

'Why are you here?'

'Wolly,' he said as he pointed at the sheep laying down in front of his feet.

'That's my sheep now,' I said.

Clay's eyes filled up with tears and he hugged Wolly. 'Wolly is my friend.'

'Why are you here? Where do you live?'

Clay pointed at a house in the distance and pointed at Wolly after that. 'Wolly is my sheep.'

'You're weird, why do you have a stuffed animal? How old are you?'

'Seventeen and this is Wolly.'

'Why do you call everything Wolly? Are you a child or something?'

Clay looked at bit sad and rubbed Wolly's wool. 'Wolly is my friend.'

I rolled my eyes at him. 'Can you leave? I live here now.'

'I'm here with Wolly every day. I give him food and a drink.'

I felt bad for being mean to him, but I found him really strange. He acted like a kid while he said he was seventeen. Who had a stuffed animal with them at their seventeenth?

'Why do you have that llama?'

'Because he's my friend,' Clay muttered.

I nodded slowly, not trying to show him that I got annoyed by his behaviour. He hadn't looked at me once and he only talked about himself.

'I'm going to watch football with my brother,' Clay said as he stared at Wolly.

'Okay? Nice.'

He nodded. 'And I'm going to watch an episode of my favourite series.'

I didn't really feel like talking to him anymore and turned around to walk away, although I collapsed on the ground. I tried to crawl back up, but didn't manage to. Clay looked at me, but he seemed too scared to help me get up.

I sighed and crawled to a fence to lift myself up. When I had lifted myself up after a few minutes, I quickly walked away. I was exhausted from walking and everything hurt.

I entered my new house and looked around me. Even though I had just moved in here, I was too tired to really explore the house any further. I let myself fall down on the couch, laying my feet on it too to relax a bit.

I was just relaxing a bit as my parents and my sister came in. My parents looked at me with a mad look on their faces. 'We just moved here and you're sitting on the couch? You can at least look around and help us with the bags.'

'I'm very weak, I can't really carry them.'

'Too bad, you're coming with us.'

I sighed as I tried to stand up, but I couldn't lift myself up. I was too weak and ended up letting myself fall down on my knees to climb up like that. I slowly walked to the car and my dad grabbed one of the heaviest bags.

'Here, you're a boy. Your sister can't carry that.'

I tried grabbing the bag, but it immediately fell down on the ground.

'Just lift it up, you really need to do more exercises.'

I tried my hardest to lift the bag up, but I couldn't. I dragged it on the floor to get it inside, but my arms and legs were so weak that I collapsed on the ground again. My sister laughed at me and rolled her eyes. 'I'm stronger than you, idiot.'

I didn't argue against it and crawled up as I pushed the bag inside. I fell down on the couch after that just to be screamed at by my parents. My father gave me another bag to carry and I had to bite my lip so I wouldn't burst into tears. I managed to carry this bag to the room as well, but I crawled up the stairs after that.

I went into my new room and locked it behind me as I sat down on the ground. There wasn't anything in my room yet so I had to sit here. I knew my parents were going to scream at me, but I couldn't anymore. I was way too weak and too tired.

1022 words