Chapter 2: Packing Up

"All packed up and ready!" Zeke said as he and Maddy began packing to move into their new home. Maddy and Zeke had been planning to move for awhile since they've been in a relationship for quite some time. They were moving into Boris's family's old house which Boris and his family arranged for Zeke and Maddy to move into. Zeke closed the door to his car and looked at his parents who had proud expressions on their faces. "Now Zeke, don't get into any trouble and stay out of harm's way! You never know what might be out there!" Sierra told Zeke. Bart came by with a pack of beer and put it in the back of the car. "Bart! I told you! Zeke can't get drunk while driving." Bart rolled his eyes and smiled at his wife. "I know, it's a gift for our son and his wife," Bart winked at Zeke who winked back. "Huh?" Sierra asked. "Don't worry mom and dad! Maddy will love the gifts you guys got her," Zeke said. Just then, Zeke's younger sister, Manny, ran out of the house with a burnt paper. She tugged on Sierra's shirt. "Mom! Samara burnt the card I made for Zeke!" Manny complained. "No worries Manny! We'll fix it," Bart said. Manny handed her card to Zeke. "Sorry Zeke that your card is ruined but I tried my best!" Manny said handing it over to her brother. "Thanks sis, I'll make sure it's in a safe place," Zeke said. The rest of Zeke's siblings came out to say goodbye to him. "Well looks like I'm all ready!" Zeke said. He looked at his siblings Zedd, Xavier, Samara, Manny, and Junior and talked to each one of them. "Zedd, Xavier, hope you guys stay more social and take a break from your phones once in a while," Zeke told his twin brothers who we're still texting on their phones. Zeke rolled his eyes and continued on. "Samara, don't burn down the house while I'm gone and be sure not to scare dad with your creepy doll collection," Zeke told his odd sister. "With pleasure my brother," Samara bowed. Zeke looked at Junior. "Don't worry Junior, you'll do cool stuff soon! I promise," Zeke told his youngest sibling. "Are you sure? What if something bad happens to you or worse?" Junior nervously said. Zeke chuckled and ruffled his little brother's hair. Then last was Manny, the one sibling closest to Zeke. She ran up and gave Zeke a big hug. "I'll miss you, be sure to write me a letter every day and don't forget to let Maddy do the same or you can both do it," Manny said. "You can count on it," Zeke said. That left Zeke with his parents. Sierra gave him a big hug first. "Oh my little Zekie! I'll miss you so much! Be on your best behavior and say hi to Maddy for us," Sierra said. "I will mom, thanks," Zeke smiled. Bart bear hugged Zeke. "I love you son and make sure our little secret gets to Maddy sometime soon," Bart said as Zeke nodded. "I will dad, no worries," Zeke said. Zeke hopped in the car and revved up the car engine. He closed the car door, looking back at his parents and siblings. "Bye guys! Love you all!" Zeke said as he drove the car away. His family waved goodbye as Samara started tearing up. "Samara are you crying?" Manny said. "No doofus! It's just the dust!" Samara said.

Maddy was all packed and ready for Zeke to pick her up. She sighed as she sat down in the steps to her old house. Just then, her little brother, Quentin, came out. "Hi sis!" Quentin said. "Oh hey Quentin," Maddy sadly said. "What's wrong Maddy?" Quentin asked. Maddy sighed, "It's just, I really miss my original dad and moving is hard but I'm sure I will get used to it," Maddy told her brother. Quentin beamed. "Here Maddy I made something for you," Quentin said. He gave the piece of paper to Maddy and Maddy opened it. Quentin drew a picture of Barley and Guinevere. "I know mommy and Uncle Ian would tell stories about the adventures you guys would go on. I wish I could meet him," Quentin sighed. Maddy smiled. "He would've loved you Quentin and thank you for the picture," Maddy said hugging her brother. Zeke arrived and honked his horn for Maddy. Elsa, Leo, Anna, and Mikey came out and hugged Maddy goodbye. Maddy hopped into the car and waved goodbye to her family. "We love you Maddy!" they all said as Maddy and Zeke drove off into the distance.