Chapter 12: The Art of the Dress

Zeke slumped in his chair and thought about the dream he had a while ago. Was it a vision? Could it come true? Zeke had been having nightmares about the wedding. He paced around his house and thought about it but brushed it off. Maddy came out of their bedroom with a binder. "What's all that?" Zeke asked. "Our wedding binder silly! The girls and I are getting my dress ready and prepped for the occasion. I can't miss it," Maddy said. She kissed Zeke and headed out the door. "See ya soon," Maddy said as Zeke waved goodbye. Maddy arrived at Rarity's Dresses and Decor with her friends. She hugged all her girlfriends as they entered the store. The door opened as Rarity saw the girls come in. Dolly Dalmatian was there as well with her best friend Sweetie Belle. Rarity perked up as she saw the girls walk in. "Welcome darlings! Maddy, you look delightful! I see your here for your wedding dress," Rarity beamed. "Sure am Rarity," Maddy smiled. "Oh excellent! Your friends and I have been working on a perfect dress for you!" Rarity said as Cecile sat Maddy down in a chair. "It's a surprise so close your eyes!" Bella said. The girls counted down. "Alright open your eyes!" Becca said. Maddy saw the dress. "Tada!" Maddy's friends said all at once. Maddy looked and faked a smile when she saw the odd looking dress. "We created it ourselves! It represents what you love about us," Trixie said. "So what do you think darling?" Rarity asked. Maddy sighed. "Is something wrong?" Rarity asked. "It's a great dress but it looks...I don't know, messy," Maddy told them. "It doesn't matter! Why don't you try it on?" Bella proclaimed. Maddy went into a dressing room and tried on the dress her friends made for her. She came out of the dressing room for the big reveal. Her friends look disgusted at the dress. "Does this dress make me look fat?" Maddy chuckled nervously. Her friends started arguing. "You did the burnt sleeves on purpose!" Becca told Bella. "Not with you adding cigarette butts as a 'fashion flair'!" Bella yelled back at Becca. "The stickers are too flashy!" Cecile yelled at Trixie. "You WANTED flashy!!!" Trixie yelled to Cecile. The girls kept arguing as Sweetie Belle dog whistled loudly and the girls stopped arguing. "I love how you put your thought and heart to it guys. The dress is great and all but I was thinking of something formal," Maddy told them. Bella facepalmed. "Don't worry ladies! I will fix the dress in a jiffy!" Rarity said as the girls followed Rarity into her sewing room. "So how is it gonna look?" Becca asked. "Rarity's got this thing covered," Cecile said. Then as the girls watched Rarity work, she started to sing The Art of the Dress. After the song, the dress looked like just as Maddy had imagined it. "It looks amazing! Thank you guys!" Maddy said as she hugged Rarity and her friends. "Who wants shaved ice?" Becca asked as all the girls raised their hands and ran out the door except Maddy. She gave a credit card to Rarity. "Oh don't go through the trouble of paying me dear. This is your wedding! You can let this one slide," Rarity said. "Thank you Rarity," Maddy said as they hugged. "Now go have a blast and congratulations!" Rarity said. "Thank you!" Maddy said and closed the door.