Chapter 16: Maddy is Captured

Maddy hugged her friends goodbye as she got into her car. Meanwhile, the villains were hiding in an alleyway. "Okay kid, this is your time to shine. Go out there and make us, I mean, yourself proud!" Hades whispered in a raspy voice. Zoey nodded in her form of Maddy. "Grimhilde will find us after she lures Maddy in and then we'll capture that stupid princess!" Hades told his crew. Everyone nodded except Chernabog who wasn't listening. "PAY ATTENTION CHERN!" Hades yelled in a whisper. Chernabog turned around and gave a thumbs up. Grimhilde turned into an old hag and started walking toward a crosswalk. Suddenly Maddy saw the old woman crossing the crosswalk while the light was green. Maddy slammed on her brakes. The old hag saw her and pretended to faint. Maddy got out of her car and ran to the old woman. "Oh gosh are you okay? Let me help you," Maddy said as she helped the old lady up. "Thank you dearie, you didn't have to," said the old hag. "Just trying to be helpful," Maddy smiled. Suddenly the old hag started to breathe heavily. "Dearie, I seem to be having a heart attack. Please take me to that alley so I can get some shade," the old hag told Maddy. Maddy nodded and brought her over to the alley. As Maddy walked to the alley, she started to get suspicious. She didn't see the old hag and turned around to see Zoey Luc with her eyes glowing red. "Hello Madalyn," Zoey chuckled. "Zoey, what are you doing here?" Maddy asked. "I have my ways," she grinned evilly. Maddy tried to run but Chernabog blocked her path. While Chernabog was holding Maddy back, Jafar turned into a snake and bit Maddy's foot. Maddy fell asleep and everything turned black. "Hey what's going on here?!" a voice cried out. Hades quickly gave Zoey a necklace with a red crystal. "This will help you conquer your dreams. Good luck kid," Hades said as Zoey nodded. She wore the necklace and turned invisible as the villains escaped. Roo and Matilda Mouse walked by the ally but didn't see anything. "That was weird, I thought I heard something," Roo said as the couple kept on walking past the ally. Zoey appeared as she was in Maddy's form with a black cloak. Her eyes turned red as she snuck her way through the park to finally see her lover, Zeke.