Chapter 3 Snake Bite

"Of course! Just meet me at my station once this is over!"

"Deal."

~An hour later~

"Alright campers! That concludes our knot-tying lessons! Go to your stations while we set up the bonfire for tonight!"

I grabbed my braided rope and left as Hazel followed me out.

"Question."

"What is it?"

"Why did you say yes?"

"Because I can't hide my scales forever Lu."

"Fair."

We parted ways and I went back to practice. I didn't notice that I was kept glaring at the small castle where they were.

"Luna? Is everything ok? You've been glaring at Nerris and Violet for quite a while."

"Oh! Me? Yeah, I'm fine! Let's just get back to rehearsals shall we?" I said lying.

_Hazel's POV_

Damn. Why is this so easy!? How could Violet not do this?! They're just kids! Sure the trio was suspicious of us but it's not that hard! I went back to the tent and got my gloves out of my pocket along with a pocket watch that Janus gave to me a few months ago. I soon made my scales reappear within a few seconds. I felt a new one coming in. I winced as I saw that was by the ones that Nick pulled off because I was 'imperfect' (Nick used to be Luna's old adopted father before Thomas.) that dick deserved prison. Maybe tonight. I soon came out of the tent and walked over to a small makeshift fort.

"Nerris? You here?" I called out.

"Oh, yes I am fair serpant."

"That's great to hear elf-kin."

"Wanna begin our quest?"

"Yes."

"By the way, your scales look amazing! They look so real!"

"Thanks. As a matter of a fact they are- I mean I've had practice!"

"Let's start on our adventure then!"

We started role-playing or something like that for around an hour before I was slammed into a tree.

"Well, well what do we have here? Fresh meat."

It was a kid with soft red hair that stood up proudly.

"I don't think you'd want a snake bite my friend," I said attempting to get away from him.

"Nurf get away from Haze!" Nerris called out.

I'd allowed her to use my nickname during our journey. I bit my tongue and realized that my snake-like fangs went through it causing it to bleed. They were showing again.

"Don't tell me what to do nerd!"

I hissed a bit as my hands balled into fists shaking slightly. I needed to call Janus about this. This wasn't me.

"Don't fucking talk to her like that bastard! You don't have the right to inflict pain onto people!" I shouted.

"Oh shut it. What if I peeled one of these scales off of you-"

My adrenaline rushed through me as memories started to flood back to me. I was imperfect. Mistakes were made to be fixed in some way. Not me. Not again. I bit down onto his arm trying my hardest not to put too much poison in him. I pushed him to the ground as I spat the rest onto the ground.

"Don't you ever think about peeling these off you sick fuck. Do you know why? Because that bite could've been so much fucking worse!"

"What the hell is this black shit?"