Chapter 22 Risky Biz

(Cw: Don't eat things you're not supposed to.)

Harper collapsed onto her knees as she sobbed. She felt powerless. She couldn't breathe properly so she sat there waiting to catch her breath. It was until she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Harper! Thank god you're ok! Sage go Help Hazel over there."

"Lexi I-"

"I know. It's alright he's gone now. No need to make a fuss. I'm pretty sure people heard your screams. QM was wondering where that came from. What happened to you?"

"It was horrible! Daniel t-tried to propose a deal to us and when Hazel points out that he was lying, he almost cut her hand off!"

"Settle down. I stole Lu's phone so we can call the authorities. Just breathe for me alright."

"I-I can't! It's t-too much! It's my f-fault!"

"No, the fuck it isn't it was that bastard's fault for even speakin'," Raven said behind her Lexi.

"He made me feel like I was doing good for being moral. Turns out all he does is take."

"Did he hurt you squirt?"

"I don't know. He sure got Hazel pretty bad though."

"I asked you! I know that she's injured!"

"I'm fine. He just hurt my feelings a bit but I'm ok."

"Oh, so he wants to play dirty hm, come on. I feel like bashing his head in."

"WHAT! No! Don't do that! You can get arrested!"

"I'll plead the fifth."

"That's not how it works!"

"Fine, I'll say it's self-defense then."

"Please don't do that! Lexi is calling the cops!"

"Law? Didn't you remember that anything is legal when cops aren't around!"

"Don't bring good cartoons into this!"

"Too late I did."

Harper's eyes widened as she saw a pair of blue eyes in the woods. Just before Raven left with her weapon she grabbed her wrist gently stopping her from walking away.

"Please, stop. I don't want you to get hurt too,"

She sounded like she was on the brink of tears. Not like she was already crying. Raven passed her a confused look then looked out in the forest. Then at the figure that Harper saw. Harper didn't know this but Raven did care about her. It might not look like it but she did. She summoned a shot already filled and drank it. She then took another look at Harper.

"Well I can't do it sober can't I? Don't worry just apple juice. I was banned at the bar from underage drinking. But that's nothing new. Look this is the only time I'm listening to you so don't get used to it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, let's get back before he comes back. I can't have you crying anymore than you already did, you guys go back. I have to do another round of thoughts just for the fun of it. You know how it goes. I bet Jen is free so I'll hang with her after hours."

"Yeah, you're right. We should report about this!"

"Alright, catch ya later!"

Lexi came up to Raven and whispered,

"Good luck."

Raven just shot her a grin knowing she was serious. They were both protective of Harper cause she's sensitive. As soon as they went to get some help she twirled her mace threateningly. She fixed her thorned crown that had black roses on it to make it so it doesn't prick her ear. She liked blood and all but it would just be annoying. She then grinned subtly as she stood there patiently.

"You can come out you know. I'm not gonna report you to the police or anything, dude. I just wanna have a small chat with you that's all! Those threats were nothing. Honest."

Daniel reluctantly came out of his hiding spot and passed her with a look of confusion.

"Why aren't you with your little friends? You can get killed out here you know."

"Wanna talk about this over a drink of that redemption juice?"

"I don't think you'll want any. You do know that it was poisoned for a reason yes?"

"Poison? Please, that shit was the weakest excuse for poison. I mean look at you, you lived. That rat poison and whatever else you put in it wasn't strong enough. Besides deodorant, it's my favorite little add-on to my meals. That and glass."

"You eat deodorant?!"

"Don't give me that look, Danny. It's good! Speaking of that I've been sparing this for later. But who gives a shit."

She took out a stick of deodorant and took a bite out of it. She watched the cultist cringe slightly at the sight.

"It's tastes better with glass. A bloody throat will do it. You mind cutting my head off?"

"No! Why would I cut your head off?!"

"Because it's fun. If not bash my head open. It'll work wonders!"

"Are you suicidal or something?"

"Nope. Just wanting to have fun that's all!"

"You call cutting your head off fun!?"

"Yeah, but so does my uncle Re. But I don't really know. Sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?"

"Yes. Very."

"Well sorry, that's just my job after all. I bother people for a living. Literally."

"Do you get paid for it?"

"If getting a lifetime supply of deodorant just to shut the fuck up is getting paid then yes."

"You're a weird kid aren't cha?"

"Possibly. But you are also a weird man, just talking to some random kid you see. I'm surprised you haven't talked to me about Xemüg yet. Are you sure you're Daniel?"

"I am the real Daniel! I just got distracted by your weird eating habits!" Daniel yelled.

"I guess that's one way to call it."

"There he is officers!"

"Shit! Kid- Wait where did you even go?!"

Daniel booked it whenever he saw that Raven was out of sight. She sank out when he wasn't looking. Making her escape while he was going to make his. One this is for sure, he'll never know-how she or any of Luna's sides manage to leave without injury. Most of it was to protect Luna. So sacrifices had to be made one way or another.