Chapter 10 Friends?

(Here's what Lexi looks like!)

Two days went by normally and today wasn't normal. Hazel stayed in the mindscape and won't come back until the next day. Violet came back and she hung out with Ered in her area. I was doing another skit with Preston. Until he wanted to do solos for a bit. I respected his decision and realized that I haven't really gotten a chance to do my solos.

"Alright, campers it's time to go to the lake! So if you want to get your swimsuits on and head over there. Just a reminder we will get towels for everyone who is going to swim!" Gwen announced.

"Where's David?" Max asked.

"In town. He won't be back until lunch. This time everyone is going to the bathroom before going in the lake."

"Alright."

I didn't really enjoy swimming mostly because of fear of water snakes and people trying to drown others so I just went to my tent with Violet behind me. Once we were there I went to get a waterproof shirt and athletic shorts just in case I change my mind.

"So you swimming?"

"Yeah, might be fun."

"Strange, you usually try to convince me not to."

"I know. I just feel like swimming today you know."

"You're acting weird but ok."

Once I was changed I waited for Violet to be too and then we left together. When we made it there we waited for Gwen and a few others to arrive and then they were allowed to go. I stayed out and stared at the water looking at everyone. Max stayed out and hung out at the dock relaxing there. Ever since the Kool laid incident we haven't spoken much. Wouldn't blame him either. I wanted to rehearse lines there but I did want him to be mad so I resisted. Instead, I sat there. At one point I almost took a nap there until I got hit with a ball of paper on the back of my head. I was surprised that it wasn't a rock. I opened it up and it read.

"Hey it's me from a few days ago let's meet up by the cave,

See you then, from your friend Edward Pikeman."

I wonder to myself why he would want to meet up especially today of all days but I got up anyway and shoved my note in my pocket. I stood up went off to the cave and found myself in front of it.

"Pike? Where are you? I found your note. Since you literally hit me in the back of my head with it."

"Maybe it was just one of those jokes where he accidentally forgot that he was supposed to meet you here. Hate it when they do that." Lexi spoke coming out of nowhere.

"I do some tricks but I have standards you know."

Lexi took out her sword and stood in front of me protective of me.

"Who goes there! Show yourself!"

He came out of the bushes with his hands up.

"Settle down! It's just me!"

"Oh, my apologies." She put her sword away one more. "No funny business got it."

"Yes, I get it, fair lady." He said saluting her.

"Same to you young man."

She walked away and disappeared when he wasn't looking.

"So what did you need?"

"Well, I need help with your concept of friendship and-"

"I'm guessing you need help making bracelets?"

"Yes! They're so hard to tie!"

He showed me his attempt and it was made out of barbed wire and the spikes stood out. I made an awkward face and I held it in my hands.

"Um, what's this?"

"I can't tell if it's Snake's or Petrol's attempt, I don't know ma'am."

I snorted as he called me that.

"Did you just call me ma'am Pike?"

"Wasn't I supposed to?!"

I sighed calmly as I held down my laughter.

"You don't have to. My standards aren't that high."

"Then what am I supposed to call you?!"

"Just call me Luna ok."

"Alright then, glad we established that."

"Now back to this. You know bracelets are supposed to be comfortable on you and not dangerous around people, right?"

"It's not?"

"Look at the one I gave you. Does it have any barbed wire or anything dangerous on it?"

"I mean no, it doesn't. How come?"

"Because if you look at it closely it's made so out of colored string. Some even are made out of beads see. Take Nikki's for example. It's a string and it has beads that you can find at the town store for literally a buck. There are many ways to make them. That being one of them but it's not really safe to wear you know. If you want to you can make them out of wiring. Does that make sense?"

"Sorta, can you show us?"

"Maybe tomorrow I can't today were at the lake and they might wonder where I am. Besides I don't have the right things for that."

"I see. How about I get the needed supplies from town with the others and we start tomorrow?"

"Yeah! That's perfect!"

"Great. We'll meet here tomorrow then?"

"We shall."

"Good, we'll meet here by tomorrow morning after morning activities."

"Deal."

I shook his hand in agreement and retreated it shortly after. I waved goodbye to him and left back to the lake. Thankfully no one noticed my disappearance.

_Pikeman's POV_

As she left I couldn't stop feeling this empty feeling in my stomach. Like I wanted her to stay. What was this feeling? Why is my face so red? I never felt like this with that one counselor when I flirted with her. No. This isn't right. Luna has a partner already! I can't be feeling this. This isn't right! I have to stick with the plan. Even if it means befriending the enemy. Then I took another glance at the...what was it called? Friendship bracelet? Yeah, I think that's what it was. I never took it off for some reason. I could have done it anytime but I didn't. I sigh as I walked back to my turf. When I arrived back at the base I got Snake and Petrol back.

"Boys were going into town tonight."