Chapter 22: My own war

After a full successful day at the races, the peakys plus their princess found their way back to the Garrison in the private room. Dot was in charge of shuffling cards out to the men around the snug. She sat between her brothers, John and Arthur on the outside of the booth, while James and Lucas sat on the other side of John. A few other blinders sat around the table drinking their beers. Dot moved to grab the whiskey bottle the siblings were sharing, but John snatched it out of her hand, downing the rest of the liquid.

"You damn alcoholic, I wanted that!" She slapped his shoulder.

"Oi! You snooze you loose sister!" John smirked at her as she pouted at him, shoving Arthur out of the booth. She walked crookedly out of the snug and to the bar where she found Grace sitting, swirling a glass that was still full.

"Grace, when did you and Thomas get back?" She asked as she flagged down Harry.

"Oh, Dorthea. Your brother dropped me here about a hour ago, after leaving me to fend for myself against Kimber." She weakly smiled at Dot.

"Did he touch you?" She asked as Harry handed her a full bottle of Irish whiskey.

"Nothing that would damage me. Tommy came in before he did anything but feel on me. Told Kimber that I was a whore and had the clap." Grace downed her glass as she stood from the stool. Dot watched as she threw on her coat and exited the pub through the back.

Dot stomped into the snug, slamming the full bottle onto the table before grabbing her coat and rushing out of the pub. As they watched her, John and Arthur raced to get their things followed by Lucas and James. They had all seen that look on her one too many times and they wanted to catch her before someone ended 6 feet under.

"Thea, Wait!" John called after his sister, but there was no making her stop, even if she had to drag herself around town in the dress and heels she still wore from the races earlier that day. The four men raced after Dot as she flew through the streets straight to number 7 watery lane.

Dot slammed open the door, frightening Polly who had been sitting at the table eating dinner with Finn.

"Where is he Aunt Pol?" She questioned the woman.

"Who Dorthea?"

"Where is Tommy?" She snarled through her teeth.

"Just came through here, into the den." Polly pointed her angered niece through the closed doors leading to the betting den. Dorthea wasted no time flinging the double doors open and walking straight to the shared office.

"Tommy?" She calmly called for her brother. Her calmness was not something to be messed with, if anything it was something to be feared. The thing about Dorthea was that she could flip her switch in seconds, covering her rage with a mask of serenity before exploding like a bomb.

"Dot?" Tom asked as she entered the room, never if looking up from his papers.

"Do you want to explain why Grace came into the pub tear stained telling me how she was whored out by you?" Dot questioned, only becoming louder with each word until she was screaming at him. As she finished her sentence she advanced on Tom, pulling him out of his chair and pinning him against the wall. Arthur and John raced into the room finding their siblings fighting to get out of the others grasp.

"Dorthea! Let Tommy go!" John yelled at his sister as he tried prying her off of him. Finally getting her off he threw her at Lucas and James who restrained her, John and Arthur holding Tom.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, ey?!" Tom yelled at her. "Just a week ago you were so adamant about how she was bad, now she's your best friend?"