Chapter 45: We all go crazy.

Waking the next morning to a harsh headache was not something Dot, Arthur, and John had in mind when they had to drive 3 hours to the auction. Knocking on her door, Tommy could hear a groan from the other side.

"Dorthea, you told me to wake you at 6 am. This is my third and final time trying, I will leave you." Tommy spoke through the door.

Third?

She rolled of the bed with a loud thud, swearing loudly. She then crawled off the floor reached for the pocket watch that sat on her vanity.

It read 7:30am.

"Holy fuck!" She yelled, earning her energy for he short period of time she had to get ready. Swiping everything that she could on, she was ready within the thirty minutes she had before leaving at 8, with a pair of sun glasses to match her black dress. Black seemed to be her common theme these days. She grabbed her long coat on the way out of her room.

"Bloody hell, it's bright down here." She spoke, squinting her eyes as she fumbled putting her glasses on.

"I think I might still be drunk from last night." Arthur spoke, laying his head on the table.

"I only wished I was still drunk and not having this pound in my head." John added as he came into the room.

Tommy stepped away from his coffee, giving his sister one as well. "We leave in two minutes."

The three siblings looked to each other as they fought over the slices of toast left, downing their coffees in one gulp and racing out behind their brother.

As they exited the house, four men stood conversing by the caravan. Curly and Charlie, who were checking over the engine, and Lucas and James, who had been standing waiting for their bosses to join them. Dot rolled her eyes when she had spotted them, still having not spoken to them. They watched her as John helped her into the front seat, ready to take on the day in front of them.

"JOHN! SHE SAID NOT TO HONK!" Dot yelled angrily from the front door of the Grey residence. They were picking up Michael who Pol had so graciously granted an appearance without her.

"This is a respectable fucking neighborhood!" Polly yelled from the others side of the front door.

"Aunt Polly, could you not speak so loud this morning? I have a headache the size of the moon right now." Dot rubbed her head as she opened the door.

"Well, if you and your brothers would stay in instead of taking the piss out of each other with drinking competitions, you wouldn't be in this state." She scoffed.

"Pol, you've been telling us this for years. No need to waste your breath." She hugged her aunt as they moved into the living area where Michael sat.

"You ready to go?" Dot questioned her cousin. He nodded in response.

"Alright, lets go." She waved for him to follow her out. They moved out of the house to the truck. John yelled out the front window as Dot climbed back between him and Tom.

"Promise to bring him back in no more than three pieces, Pol!" He snickered.

"You better bring him back in one! Or it's your balls I'll have as my door knocker!" She yelled back at them, this time making Tom and Dot laugh.

They loaded up and headed on the road.

About an hour later they stopped on the side of the road. "If you hadn't driven so fast back there it wouldn't have stalled just now!" Dot argued as the three got out and rounded the back of the caravan.

"Well, if you'd shut it from your nagging maybe it would have kept going instead of tiring from hearing you like we are." John threw back.

"She's heating up, Curly. Take a look." Tommy ignored the two as he instructed the man. Curly hopped out quickly to follow the boss' orders.