Chapter 43: The bakers.

**cue Red Right Hand by Artic Monkeys😎**

Driving into Camden town, Tom and Dot wasted no time stopping by the Solomon's mansion for her to unpack. They headed straight through, planning on meeting the men at the bakery to lead them to their newest job. As they pulled into the lot, they watched at Billy Kitchen yelled at his men to move faster into the bakery. Dot shook her head at him, knowing he was just trying to be over the men, even though he was taller and broader than any man there, well not Alfie. Man was a giant.

They picked up their paces as the Shelby siblings followed the men in, watching them line up to speak to Alfie and Ollie.

"Tommy, what is your plan for this exactly?" Dot questioned, needing to know his intentions.

"I'm just joining business with Mr. Solomons. America is in prohibition right now. They'll pay twice as much for a simple bottle of rum. We're just going where the money leads."

"Well, Thomas, if you start a war between them and you, I won't be caught in the middle of it with my child. I won't be able to choose." She offered her thought, watching her brother ponder. Although he said nothing, he nodded in understanding.

After the line had come to three men left, Dot decided to have some fun.

Following after Billy, she waltzed into the office. Neither of the men looked up to her.

"Name?" Alfie questioned.

"Dorthea Shelby." She smirked. Ollie raised his head quickly, smiling back at her. Making a one step, he engulfed her into a hug and spun her around. She laughed at his reaction.

"So, the princess decided to return, eh?" Alfie questioned, watching the two love birds.

"I knew you probably wouldn't survive without me taking care of your books, Alfred. And besides, you need a woman in here to keep your office clean. I mean look at this pigsty." She pointed at the books and papers stacking around him. "I mean, how do you work here?"

"There is that mouth of yours I didn't fucking miss."

"You better not have been cussing like that 'round my daughter."

"It was one time, Dorthea." He sughed, remembering the time he called someone a cunt.

"Yes, the she made your daughter upset when she called her a 'ugly cunt'." She laughed, still wrapped in Ollie's embrace.

"Ehh em." Tommy cleared his throat, making himself known.

"Tommy Shelby, nice for you to show up." Alfie stood from his chair to greet the man.

"Alfie."

"Is that all the men?" He questioned.

"None left in the hall, so I guess so." Tom answered.

"Great then, follow me and we'll set some boundaries for these cock suckers."

"Alfred!" Dot hollered at him as he walked down the hall smirking.

As they entered the room where then men had gathered, Alfie pulled a chair for Dot as Ollie walked to stand by her. Billy whistled at the men, having them all stand in lines.

"Alright boys, you've now been enrolled as Bakers in the Aerated Bread Company if Camden Town." Tommy began his speech as he lit himself a cigarette. "If anyone asks, that's what you do. You're bakers. The coppers in Camden Town are on our side, but North or South, you show them that piece of paper. Tell them you've come down from North to find work, to break strikes. Tell them your fascists if you have to." He continued his speech, pacing back and forth in front of them. "We're finding lodgings for you, but for now, you'll sleep here in the bakery. Don't touch any of the bread, it'll most likely explode." He stopped, looking over all the men.