HEARTBREAK

Lisa POV

Today's game was very tough and our competitors "LINCOLN LIONS" were the one we lost to last year. But this year we were fully prepared and the environment was on fire because of the old rivarly. The audience was also very fierce and energetic. It was like we were already in the finale.
There wasn't very difference between both of our scores and they were leading the game by 5 runs until we used our last card "Jessi". Jessi was new in the team and she had played baseball her whole childhood before joining university. The last inning was a risk because we didn't knew that if our plan to let Jessi pitch for first time will work or not but she proved our decision right.
We won the game by scoring 11 more runs than them.
We were in the finale and everyone was overflowed with joy and happiness.
We were coming out of locker room after collecting our belongings and all. I saw Rosé waiting outside the locker room.

Rosé : Congratulations for your victory. I am very proud of you.

Kai: You are only proud of her? I am sad now.

Rosé looked at Kai and said:
I am proud of everyone in the team.

Kai: 😊Thanks, so Lisa was the one you were stalking at the canteen.😉

Rosé looked at him with surprise and got little nervous.

Rosé : I wasn't..... stalking....looking for the baseball........

I hold her hand and looked at Kai. He was smirking at both of us. Then he winked at Rosé and left.

Lisa: Don't mind him. He's just a little cracked. Thats all, there's no other explanation.

Rosé smiled at me and looking at our holding hands now.

Lisa: I need to meet coach but i'll be quick okay then I'll take you to dorm. Where is Jennie and Jisoo?(are they alone today too?)

Rosé : Jennie left with Bambam. Jisoo left with Irene. I think she really like Irrie. I wanted to talk to you about something so i stayed.

I looked at Rosé, she seems little nervous. I grabbed my bag and we walked toward the club office.
The convo with coach didn't took long. I came outside and Rosé was pacing back and forth in the hallway.
I approached her and she got shocked by my appearance.

Lisa: Hey easy! Its just me.

Rosé : Sorry.... Its just you came suddenly..... I wasn't looking......

Lisa: Its okay. So lets go....!

Rosé and i went toward parking lot. When we reached there, Rosé was about to move toward the car when stopped her. She turned and looked at me. I holded her hand in mine and starting walking to other direction.

Rosé : Where are we going?

Lisa: To the Park,Miss Park!😅 You wanted to talk and its only 10:00 pm ,so we have time. Lets sit and talk whatever you want to .

Rosé : Okay...

We entered park and it was silent as noone was here. I sat on the grass and motioned Rosé to sit also. She placed her bag near mine and sat by my side. We both were sitting together enjoying the silence of the night.

Lisa: Hey! Are you okay? Is there something bothering you? You seem little distracted and nervous.

Rosé : Everything's fine. Its just i want to tell you something...........

Lisa: You can tell me anything Rosé.

Rosé : Its just.... i like you......

Lisa: I like you too. You are a very beautiful, nice and caring person. I am glad you are my friend.

Rosé : Thats the problem! I don't want us to be friends....

I panicked a little after hearing her statement.

Lisa: Did i do something wrong ? Did i hurt you somehow?

Rosé : No, you did nothing wrong. Everything's wrong with me,everything's wrong here.

She placed her hand on her heart and looked at me .

Rosé : Everything's wrong here,Lisa. The way it beats so fast whenever you are with me. Because i don't just like you, i love you.

I was shocked after hearing her confession and my mind can't assess what i just hear.
She continued:

I love you, Lisa. I am falling for you everyday, from the first day i saw you at the canteen.....you invaded my every thought and i was looking for you...like a maniac..... everywhere in the university asking people if they know any short haired girl. When i saw you again... at the club office....i was so nervous to even talk to you..... And when i saw you at the Jennie's room, i swear i thought i was going to loose my mind. I tried to ignore my feelings for you... But it get more stronger each passing day.

Her every word was making my eyes get wide and my jaw drop more and more.

I don't know if you like me or not. I'll accept your decision but i can't be your friend when i feel all this for you. I may sound selfish to confess my feelings like this but i have fallen really hard for you, you can't even imagine.

She buried her face in her lap and she was crying really hard. Her every word aimed right at my heart and my mind and heart was going through so many emotions. I didn't knew what to say, what to tell her. I like her but i can't be with her. I can't be with anyone.

I hugged her and traced my fingers on her back to soothe her. She hugged me back tightly and i lost my balance. Now we both are lying on grass with Rosé crying on my side, her face burried in my neck and my arms covering her as much as they can.
She recovered after few minutes and separated herself from hug. We both sat back straight, Rosé now with her back toward me .

Rosé : I am sorry, i didn't wanted to burden you. I am so sorry.

She said but her voice was cracking and she was looking down at the grass. I holded Rosé by her arms and turned her around. Now we were face to face but she was looking somewhere far avoiding my gaze.

Lisa: Rosé ! I respect you alot and i am honoured that you felt something like this for me. You are so beautiful and you can have anyone but you still chose me. I like you alot and i respect the fact that.......

Rosé interrupted me and said:

You can directly break my heart Lisa. You don't need to say these big words. No big words gonna ease the pain I'll feel after rejection. I came prepared for it. So you can tell me directly. I'll not blame you for anything. It's me who fell in love with you and I am ready to accept the fact that you can't. It'll take some time but I'll be okay. I'll try my best to... For you, for Jennie,for myself.

Lisa: I am so sorry, Rosé . I don't know how to do it. It breaks my heart to see you like this and the reason is me. I am sorry! I can't .........I like you alot also but i can't. We can't be together.

Rosé : Why Lisa???

Lisa: I can't tell you the reason. Please......

Rosé holded both my hand and looked at my eyes through her teary ones.

Rosé : You said you like me alot also but you can't be with me. I don't know the reason but i am willing to wait. I'll wait for you Lisa, to reciprocate my feelings.

Lisa: Don't Rosé! You'll not get anything.

Rosé : I'll wait, its better than forgetting my feelings for you.

I hugged Rosé and she hugged me hard. Why you fell for me Rosé? Why? I like you alot but i can't be with you even if i want to? My life doesn't belong to me. It belongs to AGASTHA. It belongs to Irene.