SEVERUS SNAPE ~ Change

"Severus, no! You... you're not the person I once knew..."

CHANGE

(before the birth of Harry but during Voldy-moldy's arising)

"Tell me! Crucio!" Severus yelled pointing his wand at the poor woman.

You stood there quietly in the corner, holding back tears just wishing you could do something.

But you couldn't. You had to stay there, watching silently as the man you loved turned into a person you never thought he could turn into.

"Listen here," Sev snarled, "You're going to tell me or else I'll murder you. So tell me!"

The woman's screams were bad enough but when she started sobbing, "No, no, please! I have a husband and children! I have a family!", that was enough.

You walked towards Severus and roughly turned him around. He looked to you, eyes blazing, "What?"

You whispered to him angrily, tears threatening to fall, "Severus, stop. This isn't right."

"I am doing the Dark Lord's work and if it helps then I will do it," he whispered back, just as angry.

You grabbed his hand and led him to another room, shutting the door. 

"What is it?" he spat.

"What is it?" you looked at him astonishingly, "What is it?! What it is is that you need to stop, Sev. The poor woman clearly doesn't know and you know that she doesn't know either. You're just doing it for the sake of it and you need to stop it now!"

He looked at you angrily, "Who asked you to get involved?"

"Me! I have to step in!"

"Is that so?" he scowled, "And why is that?"

"Because, Sev! I can't watch the man I love turn into a complete and stranger who I wouldn't dare love like I loved you!"

His expression softened slightly, "Loved? Past tense?"

"I love Sev the Nerdy Potion's Lover, I do not love Severus the Death Eater who's Willing to Torture and Kill At All Costs!"

He reached forward and rested a hand on his cheek and, out of habit, you were about to lean into his touch. He stroked your cheek with his thumb.

"Darling, I-" he sighed and shook his head, "I'm just doing the Dark Lord's work."

You scoffed and stepped back, "No, Severus Snape! You're not! You're doing what you think'll make him happy!"

He frowned, "You promised..."

---

Flashback in Hogwarts

You layed on the grass with Sev, staring at the stars.

"Hey, Sev?"

"Yes, darling?" he mumbled sleepily.

You moved to rest your head on his stomach and he moved his hands to play with your hair.

"Do you think we'll be together forever? Like in those cheesy romance books Lily showed us where couples are... was is called 'High school Sweethearts'?"

He chuckled, "I don't see why not, princess. I'm going to marry you."

You sat up and looked at him, gently brushing the hair off his face, "Really?"