REMUS LUPIN ~ Library Visits pt.4

"I don't make out with just any girl."

LIBRARY VISITS

When you left the common room on Saturday, Remus was already waiting outside for you. He was dressed slightly nicer than usual but not too fancy because...you're not all that. (i agree)

But it was safe to say that the boy looked undeniably hot.

He grinned when you walked out but, to his dismay, you weren't wearing red.

He managed to sneak you and him out of the castle to get you to Hogsmeade but you didn't bother questioning it considering who he hung out with.

You were walking in a comfortable silence before you suddenly spoke up, "So, where're you taking me, Mr. Mystery?"

He smiled and turned to face you, "Well that's for me to know and you to find out."

"Well, I stand by 'Mr. Mystery' then," you shrugged.

"You wanna talk mystery? Let's talk mystery," he mirrored your shrug.

You wore a confused look, "Huh? What do you mean?"

"My mystery for you to solve, Smith, is why you're not wearing red," he pouted jokingly.

"How do you know I'm not?" you murmured but you were 98% sure he still heard.

"Well, I don't see it..." he replied, proving he had definitely heard.

You tried to hide your smile, "Maybe it's hidden."

Soon enough you arrived at your mystery spot. "Well, we're here."

You glanced around and then gasped. "Holy Godric- are you kidding?"

"I wouldn't think so," he shoved his hands in his pockets, smiling lightly.

He had set up a whole picnic with candles and fairy lights and foods that you would be sure to like. He had set everything in a place with the most gorgeous view- you were overlooking the whole of a bustling Hogsmeade and facing the castle, all lit up and with the backdrop of the sunset.

"You like it?" he asked.

You looked at him as if he had three heads, "Like it? Remus, I love it!"

The slight blush that spread across his cheeks didn't go unnoticed by you. You only seemed to fall more in love with him anyway.

"Oh, yeah- we can go to get butterbeer after if you want?" he asked casually.

Your smiled dropped as you looked at him intensely.

"I'm going to marry you," you declared seriously.

He laughed, "Come on, Smith- at least let me woo you first."

"Oh, please...consider me wooed." You grinned and made your way towards the picnic blanket, not even waiting for him to sit down before you started eating.

 ---

As you were eating, you suddenly had a thought and had to ask him about it.

You started, "Lupin, question."

"Smith, answer."

"These lights?"

"What about them?"

"Well...they're muggle things."

"I'm aware."

"So, how'd you get them...or know they exist?"

He smiled, "My mum's a muggle, smartass."

You raised your brows, "You're a halfblood?"

"Yep."

"And the surprises keep coming."

He furrowed his brows, "What's that supposed to mean?"

You didn't really know the answer yourself. You didn't really know why you said that in the first place.

You just didn't really know, to be honest.

So instead, you just shrugged.

"Anyway," Lupin said, taking a bite of his food, "you don't need to worry about that stuff. You just need to focus on your two views."

You raised a brow, "Two views?"

"Well of course!" he fake scowled, as if it were obvious. "The views would be-"

"Let me guess."

"Be my guest."

"Those would be...the view of Hogsmeade and the castle..."

"Yes and..." (never ever liked improv)

You knew he was looking for you to say he was the other view, but you decided to mess with him.

You spend a few more seconds thinking before you sighed in feign defeat, "You know what, Lupin? I honestly cannot put my finger on it. You'll just have to tell me."

He pouted, "Really now?"

You nodded, "Now really.

"Nice try, Smith," he smirked, "but I am definitely you second and best view."

"Is that the case?" you replied, grinning.

"It is so."

"Merlin, you're cheesy."

He shrugged, "You call it cheesy, I call it charming."

---

Once the sun had set and you had both finished up with the picnic, the two of you headed towards The Three Broomsticks. You hadn't failed to notice that the physical proximity between you two had definitely increased and you were far from complaining about it.

Just as you were about to enter the pub, you turned to face him, "Now who would've thought you could be so romantic?"

You leant against a wall, eye contact with him strong. He stood inches away from you, so close that you could see the flecks of gold in his brown eyes.

"Yeah, well, I don't find myself taking girls on dates very often," he shrugged, "So when I do like a girl, it would seem that I tend to put in a little effort."

Your heart hammered against your chest.

"You like me?" your voice had quietened..

He scoffed, cupping you face with his hand while his other hand intertwined its fingers with yours," You joking?"

"No." You swallowed.

"You want me to show you if I like you?" he said, voice low.

"Please," you whispered.

Without wasting another second, he bent down to connect your lips and before you knew it, you were kissing him. You were kissing the Remus Lupin. You moved closer towards him hooking your free hand in his belt loop while your other one continued to hold onto his. His hand cupping your face moved to your waist and he brought you closer. 

After some time, you both pulled apart, looking at each other. You broke the silence, laughing lightly and pushing his glasses back up his nose.

"I don't make out with just any girl," he whispered.

a/n

a really bad way to end the story but i did not hate the general idea of it?!?!

anywho if anyone would like to mutually hate someone with me my door's always open 

(it's actually not, i live in london full of stealing roadmen xo)