JAMES POTTER ~ The Other Girl pt. 2

Damn you all love angst as much as I do... I've found my true people ig ;) here's a very highly requested part 2 and should I do more angst stories bc you all seem to like them so much?

But I have no idea how to write angst so this'll be really bad.

"James...there is no us.Not anymore. I've moved on. And I'm not falling back into the trap, okay? That ring was never meant for me... it was always meant for Lily."

THE OTHER GIRL

"Hey, darling."

You looked up and smiled, pecking his lips, "Hey, love."

No, this was not what it looked like... this was no longer James. 

It had been a long time since you left James. A few months after, you had moved on. Then it was summer and your parents had invited a new wizarding family. The boy, who was your age, was starting Hogwarts with you.

And despite the fact it was only nearly a year since you broke up with James, you and the boy, Derek (idk just go with it ig, I'm running low on names to use in my stories), had managed to find yourself falling in love.

He was perferct- he made you laugh, he was smart, kind, amazing, and goddamn hot.

As of the current moment, you two were sitting in a compartment on your way to Hogwarts. 

You were both starting seventh year.

Derek took your hand, "So, is Hogwarts nice?"

You grinned, "Oh, it's the best! It-"

You stopped talking when something outside the compartment got your attention. You looked outside and saw the four Marauders walking past. They seemed to be looking for a compartment themselves so, naturally, looked into yours to see if it was free, which it clearly wasn't. 

You made eye contact with James who was staring at you, shocked.

The other boys were looking at you too- they all waved besides James (uhm ecscyoose em mwa bitch tf?! WAVE AT ME 😤🙄✋ )

James looked between you and the boy and you failed to notice the heartbroken look on his face.

You waved to the others before they moved away and you continued talking to Derek.

---

A few months into the year and you were in the courtyard, reading while your head rested on Derek's shoulder as he played with your hair.

Suddenly he cleared his throat and you looked at him with a raised brow.

"What?"

"I, uhm, have something I want to give you," he scratched the back of his neck.

He pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket and opened it.

Inside you saw a beautiful ring...a ring you thought you had seen before.

"Love, this is a promise ring. I want you to know that I'll always love you... no matter what and regardless of what happens."

He slipped it on your finger and you gasped.

This was the exact same ring James had given you a couple of years ago.

"I'll always love you," James had said, kissing your hand after he placed the ring on your finger.

You kissed Derek as his arms wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer.

You didn't see James watching from afar, holding back tears as he saw the one he loved, love someone else.