Pulitzer's Newsie

Post-Strike AU. Aly/Dew Drop belongs to heythatsmycigar18. She is not my own. :) Aly is also going to be a permanent character in this book but her love interest is gonna be with Aly in some AUs and an OC that I have in others (that's not really an OC because this character was mentioned in another oneshot in this book and she's actually a character in another fandom but I'm kind of adapting her to be an OC in this book. It's confusing but it works, I promise.) Falcon belongs to Runner_Weirdo, Katie belongs to BeckyMerari1909, and Pups belong to 23gatkins.  I don't own them. Flavi and Elley are mine.

Aly James races through an alleyway to the circulation gate just in time for the evening edition.

Until she runs straight into someone or something.

"Hey! What...?" A voice that only kind of has a New York accent calls out and Aly stumbles back against one of the brick buildings in the alleyway.

"Sorry!" she calls out in her best impersonation of a Newsie accent that she can muster. Everything in her schooling screams at her not to.

"Who are you?" the boy asks, taking of his Newsie cap and running a hand through his dark hair, "I've never seen you before. And your accent doesn't really sound much like a Newsie's. Which is saying something because I only can kind of do the accent."

"I'm Dew Drop but you can call me Dew. I just started selling papes shortly after the strike. I would've done it sooner but my father didn't want me getting hurt," Aly answers, "Who are you? I've seen you around before but never met you."

"I'm David Jacobs but the boys call me Davey or The Walking Mouth," the boy answers, nervously shifting his weight from one foot to the other. Something that Aly finds very cute.

"You were involved in the strike, weren't you?" Aly asks, realizing that the name sounds familiar.

"Yeah, I was one of the leaders. It was...an exciting time. It was hard because I was trying to provide for my family and keep my brother safe and...Les!" Davey cries out mid conversation.

"Who's Les?" Aly asks, slightly concerned.

"Les is my younger brother and he and Boots decided to have a race around the block but they got a little carried away and ran off the 'course' that they had made up," Davey explains, "I've got to go find them before something bad happens."

"Can I come help?" Aly asks.

"You're more than welcome to but I'm not sure we're gonna make it out of here without any bruises," Davey says giving a brief shudder, "It'll be worse if the boys get any though." Without another word, they take off running. Aly struggles to keep up with Davey as he weaves his way through the streets calling for the two boys. At one point, the two of them dart out into the open on a busy street.

Right across from The World  where Aly works as a reporter....

For her father...Joseph Pulitzer.

A man is standing up on the ledge high above the street, writing the headlines for the evening edition and a group of boys wait down below. Boys who Aly has seen before but has done her best to distance herself from. She doesn't want to reveal her true identity to anyone because it could land her in trouble. She usually shows up later and buys the evening edition once a bunch of the other boys have gone.

Aly spots Jack Kelly, another boy that she recognizes because her older sister, Katherine is dating him. Katherine claims that she's levelheaded and for the most part, she is....until she starts talking about Jack Kelly. Aly has yet to meet Jack in person but she's seen him in the office from time to time. Katherine has only been seeing Jack since the strike ended just a couple of months ago.