Newsies In Neverland

(Hm, not sure what to tell you for this one. How about...use your imagination? This one doesn't really fit in a storyline or timeline like my other ones do. Sorry about that.) @aintweproud, thank you for inspiring me with your Lost Boys story. I do not own Peter Pan or any of the characters within it. Also, I'm sorry if this is absolutely terrible. It is going to be very random and I'm sorry if you hate that. I've just been very inspired to write one of these lately. Sage_Dragon and AlohaGirl27, this is for you two! I hope you enjoy it!

Racetrack Higgins wakes up in a daze. Where is he? He turns to see Flavi facedown on the sand nearby. Wait, sand? There is no sand except on the beach in Brooklyn. Race turns and sees Romeo unconscious right next to him, his head in his hands. The sound of waves pulling in and out on a shore nearby reach Race's ears. Race looks around and sees all of the Newsies. Even Davey and Les are here. Sudddenly, Race does a double take. Where are Jack and Crutchy? Did something happen to them? The other boys begin to stir and everything comes back to Race. A blizzard had just hit in New York City which is why Davey and Les slept at the Lodging House that night. It was so bad that Jack and Crutchy stayed off of the rooftop that night. Jack had been herding everyone towards bed. That was the last Race could remember of him before saying goodnight to Flavi. Speaking of Flavi, the dark haired girl begins to stir. She sits up straight and her blue eyes cloud over with confusion. Flavi spots Race and she crawls over to him.

"Where are we? Where's the city?" She asks quickly and Race shrugs.

"I'se don't know," Race says quietly, "I tink dat we'se on an island o some sorts."

"It's pretty," Flavi remarks as she looks around the island. Race takes in the view and something catches his attention. A pirate ship floats way off in the distance on the sea. 

"Have youse seen Jack or Crutchy?" Race asks Flavi. She looks around quickly and shakes her head.

"No, that's kind o weird," She replies and Race nods. "But everyone else is here, even Davey and Les."

"It's like Jack and Crutchy were singled out or someting," Race observes as he looks at the sleeping boys. One by one, the boys begin to stir. Kid Blink sits straight up just like Flavi did and shouts,

"Where are we? Jack! If this is a stupid prank for messin wid Race da oddah day!" Race gets up and walks over to the blonde boy.

"Dis ain't no prank, Blink. Jack an Crutchy ain't here, but Davey is. Jack would keep Davey outta dis too if it was a prank," Race says quickly and Kid Blink nods his head in agreement. Race soon feels the arms of a younger boy attacking his waist. He looks down to see Romeo clinging to him.

"Race, take me back ta da bunk room. Please!" Romeo cries urgently and Race hugs the smaller boy.

"I don't know where we are, but dere's an ocean dere an a pretty beach an.." Race starts, but Romeo cuts him off again.

"I'se just wants da bunk room," Romeo says, his glossing over with tears. Race runs his hand through the kid's hair. Davey suddenly comes up to Race, his eye blazing with anger. Les follow him quickly, complaining that the sand is hotter than walking around selling papers all day.

"What is this?" Davey asks angrily and Race shrugs. Davey raises an eyebrow and Race puts his hands up, pleading innocence.

"I'se don't know. I'se was unconscious just like youse. Jack an Crutchy ain't here eiddah, someting's wrong!" Race exclaims nervously.

"Let's see if we can find somebody to help us," Davey states quickly. He takes off toward the jungle, but Race quickly grabs his arm.

"We'se don't know how we'se got here or why's we'se here. Just calm down an wait a minute til we can figah tings out," Race says as the boys begin to crowd around the two. Suddenly, they hear a rooster crow through the air and what sounds like a stampede of elephants running toward them from the jungle.