The Saga of Sky High

This one is a crossover with Sky High and of course Newsies. This one is also a 1980s AU. I don't own the Disney movie Sky High or any characters that are in it. Sky High is a great movie but, like most of the stuff I write, you don't have to have seen it in order to understand this oneshot. This one is going to be super long. OCs are in which means a special thank you to BeckyMerari1808 who has Katie, Runner_Weirdo who has Falcon, and 23gatkins who has Pups!!!! Thanks for letting me use your ladies in this story. Since these ladies are in, if you're new to my whole OC writing thing, this also means that Elley (Nycnewsgirl, you can start cheering now if you're not already), and Flavi, who are both my OCs, are in this one too!!  Also, props to FabulousDalek,  for giving me ideas on what powers to give certain characters. For those of you that don't know, Sky High is high school kids with super powers and Sky High is this special high school that they attend so, everyone has a power. You'll just have to wait and see who winds up with what power in this story. Enjoy, everybody and prepare for some interesting antics.... :) I apologize for the title. I really don't know how to title this one but, the title seems appropriate enough for this story. Also please excuse any stretches that there may be in the prison sentence and the prison for Jack's dad, I didn't research it thoroughly partially because this AU is very fictional. All of my regular readers know that this is going to be quite the saga. 

Jack Kelly sighs as the door to the juvenile detention center closes behind him. He leans his head up against the closed door. Why did the school force him to show up today? It wasn't really necessary. He's fine. Jack doesn't plan on committing anymore minor crimes in his lifetime. Unlike a lot of people, Jack has a power that is fairly useless in a high school that promotes heroism. He has the power of escape artistry. If someone chains him, Jack can simply slip the chains off of his wrists. He's excellent at escaping from things but he can never get into a fight head on. Hand to hand combat isn't something that's entirely lost on Jack. He can certainly handle himself in a fight but, he has no formal training.

Jack has no way to tell anyone the truth. All he has is this superpower that screams trouble and criminal activity. There's no way to tell anyone that he really didn't mean any harm. Nobody got hurt. All he did was steal some food for the starving kids in a prison and he escaped the prison. They should really know better than to leave an escape artist powered kid alone in his cell. They'd probably catch him again and all Jack would do is escape again. The cops could never hold him anywhere for long. He tugs on the end of his blue T-shirt with short sleeves and adjusts his jean vest. His sneakers are dirty from use overtime and his jeans are fraying. Medda has been begging him to get a job at the local diner but Jack feels that maybe that isn't the best idea for him. It isn't exactly common knowledge, but Jack Kelly lives in a rough part of town. With the power that he has, he doesn't really have a reason to be afraid of anything. He can literally escape from any kind of captivity that he's put in. 

But more of this talk about rehabilitation to become a hero? Jack can't take it anymore. He can't use his powers to be a hero. He never will use his powers to become a hero like the school wants him to be. Jack would always be trafficking food and other items necessary for someone to survive and either selling them to people who would pay for them or handing them out to people who needed them and couldn't pay. Spot Conlon somehow leads a similar double life...except he's less about helping people and more about capitalizing on more lucrative things. Things that Jack did not really ever want to help out with because they were really illegal. Some of the things he had done were...easier to excuse. The things Spot Conlon did...not so much and he had ridiculous powers too. Power that could be used to protect the world from all kinds of things. Powers that Jack wishes he could have to protect his brothers from the cruelty of the world. Powers that no boy would ever look at his younger sister Elley the wrong way again if they knew that he had them.