Find Your Future

Post-strike (After Flavi Meets the Newsies, you imagine how long after) Shout out to the amazing ClydesdaleGirl17 and Santa_Fe for letting me use Bianca aka Falcon! Thank you so much! She is an amazing character and I can't wait to see what happens to her in my one shot group!

Bianca had not seen her brother in years. She remembers the last moment she saw him like it was yesterday. In fact, Bianca clung to that memory like a small child clings to a toy of sentimental value.

*Flashback*

A young five year old Bianca sleeps peacefully in her bed. She dreams of things that only a little innocent girl can dream of . Suddenly, her dreams shatter away as she is woken by her brother, Anthony.

"Bianca, wake up! We'se gotta go now!" Anthony, the seven year old boy, says quickly as he helps his sister to her feet. She grumbles slightly until she hears the sound of  heavy boots outside of  their one room apartment door. BANG!! BANG!! The heavy boots tread up close to their door. Anthony quickly helps his sister pack her things. He then tosses his things out onto the fire escape and sets his younger sister down on it. Bianca still struggles to rub the sleep out of her eyes. A loud knock comes to the door.  Anthony struggles out the window and the two children hide on the fire escape as the banging rings louder on the door. Both children know what the sound of the knocking means. Their mother, a criminal mastermind, has been wanted by the police for quite some time now. She has been behind some of the greatest crimes in all of New York City and the Higgins had moved a few times now thanks to her. The police were on the lookout for Anthony and Bianca too, wanting to lock them up in the Refuge or an orphanage. Anthony had decided to do everything in his power to keep himself and his younger sister out of the Refuge forever. The door to the apartment swings open and Anthony gestures down the fire escape. Bianca and Anthony silently make their way down the fire escape and as soon as their feet hit the streets, they take off running for some kind of shelter. At that moment, they hear a scream from the front of the building.

"Get your hands off of me! I'm not the woman that you want to arrest! I'm innocent, I promise. I have two children, just please do not take them too!"  A woman's voice shouts from that general direction of the building. Her angry screams continue as the police arrest her and Anthony guides his sister through the busy streets. At one point, the two children weave their way through a crowd. A group of men stand in the way of Bianca and she is soon separated from Anthony. Chaos begins to seize the crowd and the police soon arrive. One of the officers recognizes Bianca. She tries to run, but two officers stand in her way and haul her off to the Refuge. Her head is smacked with something hard when she tries to wriggle away and she falls unconscious. Anthony looks for his younger sister, but cannot seem to find her anywhere. He sees and hears the police and starts to run, calling out for his sister as he runs. Hours later, Bianca wakes up in a room all by herself on the floor. The room is dark and contains a single window looking out on the bleak courtyard. Bianca thinks her way through the small room and just out of curiosity, she tries to open the door. Not to her surprise, it is locked. Suddenly, the door swings open and a man yanks to her feet. He pulls her down to the dining hall where everyone is getting some food and eating in silence. Complete silence. After a short time, Bianca is escorted back to her cell, and the guard who walked her there suddenly goes to help a guard with a struggling prisoner. Bianca peeks out of her cell and sees a dark haired boy, who based on his angry shouting, has a thick New York accent. She sneaks down the hall and carefully hides in various places, trying hard to search for the front door. The faint sounds of a scuffle breaking out echo from down the hall.  Bianca keeps sneaking around and notices a guard sleeping with a ring of keys sliding out of his pocket. She carefully pulls the keys out of his pocket and beelines for the front door. After several attempts at trying to find the right one, she finally does and she pushes the door open. The dark haired boy from behind comes running right at her.