Shenanigans of St. Patrick's Day

So, I found a prompt on Instagram that I thought would probably fit for something like this and I don't normally use prompts when it comes to writing because I always seem to have an abundance of inspiration but here we are. This one is a Modern AU and doesn't really fit into the timeline....anywhere. This is another one of my random ones that I throw in there for humor's sake. All of the female OCs are in (as in the boys have met them, they may or may not appear in this oneshot). I'll tag you lovely people who have allowed characters maybe at the end. Just know that Katie (BeckyMerari's character), Falcon(RunnerWeirdo's character), and Pups(23gatkins' character) are not my OCs. I have just been allowed use of them for this book but they are not really mine. I own Flavi and Elley (who I'm pretty sure you will meet here if you haven't met them previously. They're very good at getting into shenanigans.) I'm going to state what the prompt was and then I'll get into it.

"You really think that this will work?"

"No, not at all."

"Then why the heck are we doing it?"

"It sounded fun."

"We're all gonna die."

This was by ModKatie on Instagram if anybody knows who that is. I'm just giving credit where credit is due. :)  And now, onto the oneshot.

If you're a big fan of the Newsies and you read the prompt, you already know where this is going. I'm sorry and your welcome???

Racetrack Higgins has an idea.

His closest female friend, Flavi would tell him that that was dangerous and she certainly wasn't wrong. She just hasn't heard the idea yet. He could maybe rope her into doing it with him. Racetrack could be very persuasive when he wanted to be. If he couldn't get Flavi to do it, which means it's pretty bad because Race gets Flavi to do a lot of things she wouldn't normally do, Elley would be good for it. Being Jack's young sister gives you some rights to get into some amount of trouble and cause your own fair share yourself.

Or really any of the guys was always good for a prank but this time, the smaller the audience, the more effective the prank would be. He could ask Falcon to do it with him. His sister was always good for mischief. 

The date is March 17th at roughly 1:30 AM. Race stays up most of this night every year preparing for St. Patrick's Day. Every year, he feels the need to turn Albert into a leprechaun in some form or fashion. Nobody ever really wants to help him out with that part. The first Race does is knock three time softly on the wall next to him. He waits for a few seconds and listens for the sound of a door opening a little ways down the hall. Race then walks to his own door and opens it. Flavi stands there in a hoodie and flannel pajama pants with her arms crossed.

"Hi," Race says cheerfully but quietly.

"Why did I let you talk me into this? This is a terrible idea," Flavi whispers, trying not to look Race in the eyes.

"Because you love me," Race replies nonchalantly, taking Flavi's shoulders and turning her towards him. Flavi's eyes widens and her gaze flicks from the floor to Race's hands on her shoulders.

"I'm going to go make sure that nobody else is awake who wants to do this," Flavi says quickly hurrying shyly towards the girl's apartment next door. The girls live in a separate apartment next to the boys. Race and Flavi's rooms are adjacent which is why he can knock on the wall late at night. Race resists the urge to sigh. He really really likes Flavi. They've been best friends for a long time and he wants her as more than just a friend. Lately, he's been trying to get that message across. He's a little nervous that he's stressing Flavi out with it. She's not a very forward person and she's really shy. He just hopes that he doesn't do something that's going to hinder their future together. Race gets lost enough in his thoughts that he doesn't hear the door open behind him.