Fragments Of the Past

Windmill scene from Beauty and the Beast request - BeckyMerari1808 Katie is her's and not mine. Some time after Beauty and the Bad Boy. Falcon is Musical_Theater_Nerd, Pups belong to 23gatkins, and Elley and Flavi are mine. I think I got everybody's OC who are in this book currently. Slight sadness warning. 

Homes are not something to be forgotten. Katie knows that better than anyone. She walks hand in hand with her boyfriend, Oscar Delancey down a street in Manhattan. The two pass an old building and Katie stops. She stares at it for a moment. Long enough that Oscar becomes a little concerned for his girlfriend.

"Katie, you okay?" He asks and Katie points to the building.

"I used to live here with my family," She says and Oscar nods, taking it all in.

"What happened to them? Where are they?" He asks.

"Well, you know my brother and sister. My parents, however, are another story," Katie replies, looking at the old building and thinking of all of the memories that had happened there. She walks up to the door and gently presses on it to see if it is open. To her surprise, the door opens and Katie steps inside. Memories flood back all at once and tears gather in the corner of her eyes. She sits down on the ground and begins to cry. The inside of the building contains smoke damage and when Katie closes her eyes, she can still see flames ravaging up the side of the lobby to the apartment building. Oscar, just by his powers of observation, also recognizes that a fire has happened.

"Katie, I'm so sorry," Oscar whispers as he sits down next to her and hugs his girlfriend. Katie slowly gets up off the floor and begins to wander up the broken stairs toward where her family used to live.

"Oscar, this is just the beginning of the story," Katie says quietly and the two venture up the stairs.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Flavia slept in this morning. She is only awaken by the sound of knocking on the door of the small spare room that she shares with Pups, Elley, Katie, and Falcon. Flavi sits up and walks over to the door. She pulls it open to see Racetrack standing on the other side.

"You okay, Flavs?" Race asks and Flavi nods.

"I'se gotta sell papes," She says and shuts the door. Race stares at the door and knocks on it again.

"Flavi?" He asks and Patches, Crutchy's kitten, wanders down the stairs toward him. A couple moments later, Flavi wanders out fully dressed and Race smiles at her. Patches rubs on Race's leg and lets out a small meow. Flavi stares in shock at Patches, rubbing on Race's leg and then shrugs nonchalantly before heading up the stairs to the bathroom. Race and Patches follow her into the bathroom. Flavi puts her hair up and hides it in her cap, continuing to ignore Race as she goes about her morning or at this point afternoon business. Race picks up Patches and continues to follow Flavi around, Patches meowing in protest.

"Race, why are you following me?" Flavi asks as she applies some dirt makeup to her face to help disguise the fact that she is a girl.

"You'se ignoring me and I want you to pay attention to me," Race says and Patches meows again, "So does Patches." Flavi leans down and pats Patches on the head before walking away. Race sighs and lets the cat go. Flavi approaches the door to the Lodging House and prepares to go outside.

"Don't follow me, Race. I know what I'm doing and I'll be fine," She says as she steps down into the street and walks away. Race stands there watching her retreating form. He waits about five seconds before deciding to follow her.