Albert the Weatherman

For my peeps, BrendaDaaeDestler, Disney_Fan_, FabulousDalek, DaWoildIsYerErster3 and LoverOfLegolas as  well as any of you who are big into Albert. Special thanks to BeckyMerari1808 for the use of Katie, Musical_Theater_Nerd for the use of Falcon and 23gatkins for the use of Pups! Those are all OCs that belong to their respective owners. Also, anyone else who you don't recognize from either the 1992 or the Live version is mine. This is a Modern AU one.

Albert is exhausted. That was putting it lightly and he had to report the weather. He liked learning about weather and all but really, reporting it on TV was not his thing. Or relatively close to being his thing. At least his best friend, Racetrack Higgins, was in control of the computer screens. That made it somewhat better, at least until Race started having a cat walking animation playing whenever Albert started. At least he hadn't figure out how to make the cat meow yet but, the cat continuously walking across the screen was getting pretty annoying.

Albert groans and sets his cup of coffee down on the counter in the break room of the news center. Jack, the executive of the news center wanders in.

"Hey, Albert! How's it going?" he asks cheerfully. Albert groans in response and Jack just puts his hands in the air and starts moving towards the door.

"I'm just gonna leave now but, you're on in 15 just so ya know," Jack says as he exits the break room. Jack passes Race on the way out of the break room.

"Heya, Jacky!" Race calls out happily and Jack smiles,

"Watch out for Albert. He's in a bad mood." Race shrugs off the warning.

"Ahhh, don't worry about it. I'll wake him up. I finally figured out how to make that cute little kitten meow!" Race exclaims as he skips into the break room. Albert hears Race's voice and turns around to the doorway.

"Race, I wouldn't come in if I were you. I need a minute to wake up," Albert says and Race frowns.

"Did you not sleep well again? Or was it Clarissa again or maybe Scarlett or how about Jamila?" Race asks and Albert shakes his head.

"It's not about girls, Race! I just hate reporting the weather to the world. Don't you think it would be common knowledge to go inside if you are outside and see lightening? Apparently it's not," Albert rants and Race scratches his head in confusion.

"But, it provides people like you with some kind of a job," he says and Albert groans.

"I gotta go get ready," Albert says as he pulls on his green tie and walks out of the room.

"Al, you might want a different tie," Race calls out but, Albert ignores him and gets comfortable at his chair in the weather reporting center with the green screen. He sees himself in one of the TV screens and glares.

"Race!!!!!! What'd you do to my tie?" he asks loudly and Race enters the weather reporting center.

"I didn't do anything. You're the one who chose to wear a green tie today, you leprechaun," Race says teasingly and Albert's face turns bright red.

"Let's just get this over with," he snaps and Race smirks as he runs up to the computer control room.  He cues up the green screen and Albert attempts a smile.