The Craziness At Coney Island

Modern AU. Shoutout to the person who requested this in like January. I'm sorry I'm just getting to it now. I'm real bad at doing requests in a timely fashion but hey, we're trying. The person who is requested this is no longer on Wattpad according to our comment stream. :( Mabel, the OC for this one, is theirs and not mine. I'm going to do this anyways just because I'm keeping my word. Also, Mabel is going to become a regular character in this book along with Katie, Falcon, and Pups, who belong to BeckyMerari1808, Runner_Weirdo, and 23gatkins respectively. For the rest of you, I don't think this really fits in anywhere with the timeline storyline thing so.....yeah. It's just there. :) I did some research on Coney Island since the user requested that I do an amusement park Modern AU where the Newsies go to an amusement park and get a sugar high and all that so here we are. This takes place at Coney Island since there are some rides and stuff there and it's right in New York. I would not count on the accuracy of this one for the amusement park. I did some research but, I've never been to this place so I don't 100% know how it works. Hope you peeps enjoy!! 

The day Mabel Hall met the Newsies was a day that changed her life forever. Actually....that's probably an understatement.....but that's not the point and nor is it really important at the moment.

In all her fifteen years and living in two different cities, Baltimore and now New York City, specifically Lower Manhattan, she had never met such interesting and spontaneous people. 

She came across them in the hall one day at school and had been intrigued by them ever since. Being the extrovert that she is, she gladly went up and introduced herself to the boy who appeared to be the leader. Jack Kelly was very accepting of her offer of friendship and took it gladly.  Mabel may not call herself a Newsie but she still hangs around the group often enough that they are close friends of hers.

Today, they are on their way to Luna Park in Coney Island to kick off the summer since this was the last day of school for them. Mabel walks up with the rest of the group chattering happily about summer plans. The group plans to get together multiple times over the summer outside of the confining restrictions of high school.

Davey, who was at the head of the group, firmly leans down and starts talking to Les.

"Okay, you cannot have more than 500mg of sugar. If you do, I'll be regretting this for the rest of my life. Sugar is not good for your body and it makes you crazier than Jack's idea of wanting to move west," he instructs his younger brother.

"Hey!" Jack calls out from where he is walking, not too far away from Davey.  

"But, Daaavvveeeeyyyy," Les replies trying to argue his point, "I really really like sugar. It's the last day of school and I've survived fourth grade. Why can't I just have a little extra sugar today?"

"Because," Davey says, trying to come up with a logical string of words to counteract his brother's point, "you just can't. What would Mom and Dad say?" Les screws up his face in thought for a minute.

"They'd be fine with it. Do you realize how many times Sarah has let me have the bowl after she's done scooping out cookie dough and how many times Mom HASN'T said a thing?" he retorts. Davey's brow furrows in frustration.

"Alright, fine. Just....don't do anything stupid," he concedes. Les strokes an imaginary beard in thought.

"Hmmmm, I'll think about it," he says carefully. Davey rolls his eyes and Mabel walks up next to him.

"Davey, don't worry about him. He's not as crazy as some of the guys. One time, I saw Race dancing in a tutu on a diving board. He wasn't wearing a shirt just the tutu and a pair of swim trunks and then Flavi went over to ask him a question and he fell in," she says, starting to laugh at her own story, "and it was the FUNNIEST thing I've ever seen." Race's face flushes a light shade of pink at Mabel's story.