The Hoodie Thieves

Modern AU. Part of my Quarantinesies mineseries thingy I've got going on right now. Proof that you can still have fun in the middle of a pandemic. And expect lots of shenanigans. All the OCs are in, Pups with 23gatkins, Katie with BeckyMerari1808, and Falcon with Runner_Weirdo.

I also don't own Just Dance or any of the songs mentioned in that sequence....and I decided to sort of combine The Hoodie Thieves and the Just Dance oneshot as one thing for the time being. I might do more but it just seems to fit better as a part of a oneshot with more going on.

Chaos and cuteness ensue. You have been warned.

"Run run run and don't look back," Falcon says as she pushes a nervous Flavi down the stairs. Flavi tries to hide something in her hands as she runs.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Flavi asks as she holds up the object balled up in her hands.

"Absolutely. You'll thank me in the near future," Falcon answers as she pushes Flavi towards the fire escape, "Now climb out the window like you and I are just going out to have a girls' chat."

Flavi pulls it open with one hand and swiftly climbs out. She nearly runs into Jack who's sitting out there with his legs dangling over the edge and doodling something in a notebook, his grey baseball cap backwards on his head.

"Ey....." he start to complain but stops when he sees Flavi, "What are you...?"

"Don't tell anyone..." Falcon hisses from behind Flavi, who struggles to find a direction to turn in so she can hide the balled up object in her hands. Jack sets his pencil down on his notebook to look more at Flavi.

"Flavi, what are you trying to do?" he asks but the shy girl moves to climb the ladder up to the roof before she can answer him. Falcon lets out a long sigh before calling out to her,

"You might as well just show him Dots...not like he's the one we're trying to hide it from." There's a beat of silence before Flavi comes back into view, a shy but devious smile on her face.

And on her body is Racetrack Higgin's hoodie.

Jack drops his notebook on to the fire escape...half out of the fact that someone was bold enough to steal one of Race's precious hoodies and the other half out of the fact that Flavi, the shyest one out of the whole group, is the one doing the stealing.

And to her credit, it actually looks really good on her.

"Well...it was nice knowing ya, DiAngelo," another familiar voice calls out. Elley stands next to her brother on the fire escape. 

Flavi tugs on the sleeves of the hoodie with a small smile on her face.

"He has plenty. He's not gonna notice," Falcon assures everyone else.

"Are you sure about that? These boys don't like to lose their hoodies," Elley replies, "Have you seen this one when he can't find his blue one with the red strings?" She nudges her brother who moodily grumbles and tugs his baseball cap around so it faces frontwards. He pulls it low over his face so it can't be seen. Flavi suppresses a giggle as she pulls on the string of the hoodie now on her person.

"When you're stuck with all of them for months on end with no end in sight, let me know how YOU deal with their craziness," Jack responds before flipping his baseball cap around backwards again. He goes back to doodling in his notebook.

With the distraction, Flavi moves away from the visible part of the roof and pulls the hood of the hoodie up over her head. A small smile slips onto her face as she gently tugs on the strings.