Ghostly Encounters

A/N: Newsies x Ghosts (CBS) crossover. I don't own Ghosts (which no characters from Ghosts will be featured in this one maybe in another one though if this one goes well) so please don't sue. This is a Modern AU (as is the show) and just a tiny warning for a slight bit of gore/violence because we are going to be talking about how people died. If people like this one, I'd be more than happy to do a sequel. Special shoutout and thank you to and for both of your help with this one.

Buttons Davenport thought it was going to be a normal semester.

And boy, was he wrong.

He and his two roommates, Albert and Elmer, had decided to move into an apartment on the Lower East Side since life in the dorms was a little too rough for their liking.

The boys had just moved in the day before and are currently exploring their new humble abode.

Albert is in the kitchen, busy labeling and storing his collection of Lucky Charms.

Buttons and Elmer step into an old bedroom/study area.

"Hey, look at this old desk. Somebody must have left it. It's gotta be good for something," Elmer says, going about the room and looking at all of the different things. Buttons stops and gazes over at the old ornate mahogany desk. He runs his index finger over the gold pattern on one of the doors. A closet is right behind the desk with a door that swings out.

"Elmer, ya gotta check out this desk," Buttons says, marveling at it. He opens one of the drawers and sees an old book.

"Ya woulda thought that they would've cleaned this out before they sold the place," Elmer notes as Buttons takes out the old dusty book and opens it. It's a ledger with a bunch of strange names in it.

"Whoa..." Buttons breathes as he sees the messy and old faded handwriting on the pages, "Wait a minute. July of 1899? This is a really old book then." Albert enters the room upon hearing the exclamation.

"What happened? I'm busy with my lucky charms," he says as he enters. Both boys look up at him and gesture with the book. "Yeah? What is it? I ain't able to read your minds."

"It's a book with a bunch of weird names in it," Buttons explains, "This page says July 1899 on it."

"You're joking, right? The last thing I need is a bunch of historians knockin' down my door cuz of some book I found," Albert grumbles. He moves over to be behind Buttons so he can read over his shoulder. "Who the heck names their kid Racetrack Higgins? Or Pie Eater?" He laughs in disbelief as he leaves the room.

"I wonder if there's more stuff behind this closet door," Elmer says. It's an old door so he opens it carefully. A large stack of boxes is behind the other side and it starts to topple over. Elmer shuts the door and runs out of the way.

Two seconds later, the boxes fall and knock the door down with them. 

"BUTTONS!" Elmer cries out.

"Wha?" Buttons asks but he's a moment too slow.

The door and the boxes tumble down on top of Buttons before he can move out of the way. He falls to the floor unconscious. His face smacks against the desk as he goes down.

"ALBERT! COME QUICK! A CLOSET DOOR JUST FELL ON BUTTONS!" Elmer shouts loudly.

"You've got to be kidding me!! I just wanted to move in here, not do renovations on this whole place," Albert grumbles as he leaves the kitchen from sorting his Lucky Charms. He lazily walks into the room where Buttons and Elmer were. "What the?!" he exclaims and quickly hurries over, "What were you two doing?"