1. Brook

September 12,2020

The light of dawn seeped into my room. I rubbed my bleary eyes and shifted on the bed only to hit a wall? Wait, a wall? Since when? And fuck why did my head hurt so much? A groan beside me made my eyes snap open and realize that I was not in my bed and that what I hit was not a wall, but a back. A tattoo-covered back to be more precise.

The fuck?

I looked around the room realizing that this room was not mine but someone else's and that someone was the male beside me. I jumped when my phone began ringing and quickly sat up before realizing that I had a flimsy sheet covering my very naked body and froze.

What the fuck?

What happened last night?

And where the hell am I?

My phone stopped ringing for a second before it started up again and this time the stranger spoke up.

"Shut the thing off before I throw it out the window,"

I froze with my eyes wide at the sound of the stranger, who was no stranger at all. It was fucking Jacob Rodriguez, Riverside High School's resident bad boy.

Can this day get any worse?

Not considering the caller was my father.

I closed my eyes and pressed the answer button before pressing the mobile to my ear,

"Brooklyn Addison Payne where the hell are you?" My dad asked with anger clear in his voice and I swallowed the knot in my throat

"Um," I stuttered just as a cry on the other end made my heartbreak as a little voice called for me, "I'm sorry, papa, I didn't mean to stay out this late"

I scurried around the unfamiliar bedroom in search of my clothes ignoring the eyes burning holes on the back of my head, "I'm very disappointed in you, Brooklyn,"

My heart shattered at his words, before the call ended with him saying that he'll see me at home when I got back.

"Please tell me that what I think happened didn't happen," I said looking at Jacob and he raised a brow as he sat on the edge of the end, sheets covering his lower half.  It was wishful thinking seeing as he,too, was naked, and not only that but he had love bites all over his neck and chest.

"Then I'd be lying, and you know I don't lie," he stated, and fuck him for being so freaking hot. I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat

"Di-Did you at least use protection?" I asked and he, again, raised a brow and I sighed before shaking my head and getting dressed in the dress I had worn last night.

I'm going to kill Wynter.

"Hey," I looked over my shoulder at Jacob to see he had thrown on a pair of pants, "I'm sorry, about last night, I mean. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you even if I was drunk myself,"

I was stunned that he'd apologize for something we had no control over seeing as when you drink a little too much you lose control of your senses and actions. Even more shocked was the fact that Jacob never apologizes for sleeping with someone after a party.

"Um, why are you apologizing? I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate it but, why? You never apologize after sleeping with someone" I asked and he shrugged as a reply and I sighed before shaking my head and leaving his room.

I made my way down the hall towards the stairs and noticed the photos lining them. They were photographs of Jacob, and whom I'm guessing were his mother and sister. The floor was an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns and the walls were the greens of summer gardens meeting a bold white baseboard. The banister was a twirl of a branch, tamed by the carpenter's hand, its grain flowing as water might, in waves of comforting woodland hues. Under the lamp-shine it was nature's art, something that soothed you right to the soul. I was utterly blown away by how beautiful and simple this house was compared to my own.