4. Jacob

November 17, 2020 (8 weeks)

"Okay," She replied and I grinned, "But before that I want you to know that I have a two year old," I nodded. "I know people talk about me being a whore that got knocked by the first guy she met but it's not the case,"

"Hey," I said as I saw that she didn't want to talk about it and I wasn't going to force her nor demand her to tell me anything she wasn't ready for. "You don't need to tell me now. I have a feeling that this is something that is hard for you so I don't want you to tell me if you're not comfortable. Tell me when you're ready."

She nodded and gave me a small smile, "thank you. You're the first person—other than my family— who has actually understood and not tried to push me to tell them what happened." I shook my head.

"People need to respect other people's business," I replied with a sigh running my fingers through my hair. "Anyway. Saturday. All three of us. I'll figure something out."

She blinked taken aback my statement making me smile, "Are you sure? I don't want you feeling obligated,"

"None sense," I said and she raised a brow, "I'm not feeling obligated into anything, I was the one who said you could bring him so don't worry. Besides it'll be nice to get some practice in before the baby gets here."

She bit her lip before nodding, "alright."

******

The next morning, I woke up to the most beautiful voice filtering through the speaker of my alarm clock.

Just a little bit of your heart is all I want

Just a little bit of your heart (just a little bit)

Just a little bit is all I'm asking for

"That was Brooklyn Payne's debut single ' Just a little bit of your heart' make sure you pre-order her album which drops May 10th" the radio host said once the song ended and I froze when I heard the name. I knew she could sing, since whenever I walked by the music room, I could hear her playing the piano while she sang, but to actually release a song, was surprising.

Hanna will have a field day when she hears about this no doubt and I was so looking forward to seeing her reaction. Chuckling, I grabbed my backpack and threw it over my shoulder before grabbing my wallet and keys before jogging down the stairs where I could hear my sister gushing about the song that was playing on the radio.

"Her voice is incredible mom," Tory was saying when I reached the kitchen.

"I know hon, you've been asking me to lend you my card for the past 20 minutes so you can pre-order her album and buy her single" Mom said with a chuckle before looking up and smiling

"Morning Jake" she greeted

"Did you hear the song Jakey?" Tory asked with wide eyes

"Yes, and it was pretty good, I'll let her know that you liked her song" I told her when she was about to open her mouth before beaming

"You're the best big brother ever" She giggled and I rolled my eyes fondly at my little sister and walked over to give my mom a kiss on the cheek before bidding them a good day, Tory was in eighth grade meaning she didn't have to be in school until 8 unlike me, I had to be there by 7:45 but since I don't really like being on time, I decided to take my sweet ass time and headed to the park to smoke for a bit before going to school.

I walked over to my bike when I was outside and just admired her for a bit.

"See you later," I mumbled as I gave them each a kiss on the cheek before walking out of the house and smiling at the bike that was parked in the driveway. Ever since my dad walked out on us, and thank god my mom had a great paying job because I couldn't handle her having to bust her butt off just to keep a roof over our heads. And Trevor, despite them living together, has also been a great help to her. I've been working as a mechanic during the weekends. I also have started recording a few songs whenever I'm home alone since I don't want my mom or Tory to know yet. Hopefully one day I'll put an album out like Brook but until then, I'll keep my recordings a secret.

Shaking my head, I climbed onto my bike and turned it on before making a dash to the park before going to school.

*******

"JACOB!" I closed my eyes at the sound of Hanna's voice yelling my name down the hall as she stomped her way towards me.

"Hey Jacob," I smiled at hearing Brook's voice and turned to see her just a few feet from me with her friends and sister behind her.

"Hey, Brook," I replied with a smile slinging my backpack over my shoulder completely ignoring the banshee down the hall that was making a scene as she stalked her way over, "I heard you on the radio this morning."

"Oh," she said with a blush coating her sun-kissed cheeks,

"My sister's a big fan," I chuckled and she smiled, "you sounded like an angel."

Axel and Dylan raised their brows at my compliment while Anna and Wynter smirked as Brook blushed an even deeper red.

"Th-thanks," she stuttered.

"Jacob!" Hanna all but growled my name when she reached us, "what are you doing talking to-to this bitch!" I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes counting down from ten to calm down.

"Oh shut up, Hanna," Wynter groaned in exasperation, "when will you quit bugging Jacob? It's clear as day that he's not interested in you. I mean wasn't yesterday enough proof of that?"

"You're just jealous that Brooklyn is more popular than you and practically a celebrity," Anna said with a chuckle, "it's sad really. Why don't you admit it? It'll save everyone the trouble of hearing your voice screeching like a banshee."

"Come on, Brook. I'll walk you to class," I said and she blinked in surprise before nodding her head letting me lead her away from the three girls bickering back and forth.

"I'm sorry about Hanna," I said and she shook her head

"It's not your fault," she said as we walked side by side to class. We had three classes together with Art being one of them.

"I know but still, you don't need to deal with her, specially since you know," I said and she bit her lip before nodding. All eyes turned to us when we walked in. We made our way to our seats at the back of the class and just as the bell for class to start, both Axel and Anna walked in. They also walked to their seats at the back next to Brook before they began whispering amongst themselves as the teacher began the lecture on abstract art.