18. Jacob

January 26, 2021 (19 weeks along)

"I can't believe you're having a baby girl," Mom said as we sat around the table a week later. The days following the gender reveal had been hectic. From shopping for baby furniture to doing interviews with Brook to promote our new single to school.

"Have you started thinking about names?" Trevor asked and I shook my head.

"We've gone through a few names but haven't really decided on one just yet," I replied and he nodded, "We figured we'd pick the right one once she's here."

"That's a good idea," Mom said, "that's what your father and I did with the both of you."

"Please he was just a donor and nothing else," I said making mom give me a shocked look,"What? It's the truth, Okaasan," she shook her head.

"Let's not talk about that man first thing Monday morning please," Tory said and we nodded. Breakfast went by in a blink and a before I knew it, I was pulling into the school parking lot ignoring the lingering paparazzi outside. I've never seen them before in the past so why the hell were they here?

"Jacob! Jacob a word!" I clenched my jaw as my name was being shouted the moment I climbed of my bike and took my helmet off.

"Where's Brook?"

"Did you two get into a fight and that's why you two aren't together?"

"Did she-"I put my EarPods in blocking their voices as I walked towards the entrance. I watched from my peripheral as Hanna walked towards the males at the school gates and narrowed my eyes. I stood and watched as she flirted with them making me shake my my head. I turned around and walked to my locker where I saw everyone—my friends, Brook's friends and Wynter—alrwady atanding there.

"Okay is anyone going to ask how the hell the paps knew about this school?" Axel asked and Wynter sighed.

"Your family is famous, but I know there are websites that talk about your guys' background and shit but does it ever mention what school you go to?"Jett asked and Wynter shook her head.

"Our parents always made sure our school lives is kept private even if other celebrities have their schools mentioned and whatnot."

"So how did they know you go to this school, then?" Clary asked, "Our parents did the same and ever since we came back we haven't been confronted by any paps until today."

"I think I have an idea as to who it was,"I said making them look at with raised brows, "Hanna."

"Huh?" They asked in unison and I rolled my eyes and explained to them what I had seen before I walked in.

"She was flirting with one of those paps?" Cici asked before shaking her head, "Ugh she's so infuriating."

"You don't say."

*****

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," I growled making Jett and Wynter look up from their lunch trays with raised brows.

"What's wrong now?" He asked and I clenched my jaw showing the news article that was written and They both leaned over to read it with Jett reading the headline: "Is Brooklyn Payne Really Pregnant Or Is It A Publicity Stunt?"

"What the hell?" Wynter asked just as the rest of the group joined us.

"What happened?"

"This happened," Wynter said showing them my phone and they looked at it confused before they read the headline.

"What the fuck?" Dylan asked as they sat around the table.

"It says it was written today," Cici said and I nodded.

"Do you think Hanna was the one who made this rumor up?" Anna asked.

"I wouldn't put it past her to be the one who spread this," Wynter said just as the sound of Hanna and her friends laughing in a near by table making me clench my jaw.

"I'm want to freaking rip her hair out," Clary whispered as she clenched she'd hands, "She's so freaking infuriating."

"Hey where are you going?" Wynter asked as I pushed away from the table and stood up which earned the looks from the others.

"Put her in her place." I replied and she shook her head making me narrow my eyes at her.

"The way to put her in her place is not letting her know she's getting under your skin." She replied, "Even if she is. Look there will always be rumors about you two but that doesn't change the fact that Brook is pregnant and you're together."

"She's right, Jacob, look as much as I hate reading crap like this, it's better to ignore it because that's part of being in the limelight."

"Another reason why I don't want the kids being plastered on social media until they're old enough to decide for themselves." I muttered before sitting down again.

Lunch soon ended and we walked out of the cafeteria behind Hanna and her friends as they whispered and laughed with each other. I pulled out my phone form my pocket when I felt it buzz to see that I had gotten a text from Brook and frowned.

From: Baby Mama 🥰
Hi ☺️
I saw a video of you on Facebook arriving at school...how did the paps know where you went to school?

To Baby Mama 🥰
Hi love ❤️
And Hanna most likely since she was out there flirting with 'em this morning

I put my phone away as I entered the classroom and sat behind Hanna and her friend, Sabina I think was her name but I could give two shits if that was her name or not.

To Baby Mama 🥰
And she's most likely behind that article about me not being pregnant 🙄

I smiled and shook my head and before I could reply, the teacher walked in and I was forced to put my phone away. I rested my head on my palm as I listened to the teacher talk about formulas until Hanna said  Brook's name.

"I'm going to make sure Brook's name is put through the mud."

"I'd think twice before you do anything to my girlfriend, for it will cost you," I whispered making her and her friend jump and swirl arrows to face me with wide eyes, "I know that you were the one who made up that rumor about Brook not being pregnant, and I have no doubt that you were also involved with getting the paps here."

I smiled and sat back as Miss Barry called on Hanna who stuttered as she turned around to face the teacher.

"Would you like to share with the class what you were trying to tell Jacob?" She asked and Hanna shook her head widely, "then sit forward and pay attention."

You messed with the wrong person's girlfriend, Hanna an you will regret it, mark my words.