25. Brook

May 16, 2021 (34 weeks and 5 days)

"How's baby girl doing?" Cam asked as she and Anton sat across from me on my bed and I smiled rubbing my belly.

"She's doing good, been moving a lot the past couple of days though," I replied and winced when she gave a kick, "and been kicking a lot too."

"I can't believe you're due in 6 weeks," Anton said and I hummed, "have you and Jacob decided on a name yet?"

"We have but we don't want to announce it until she's here, you know?" I asked and they nodded.

"That's completely understandable," Anton said and I smiled, "speaking off, has he said anything about how the court hearing is going?" For that question Cam slapped him on the shoulder making the male wince and glare at her while rubbing his shoulder.

"We don't speak of that," Cam huffed and Anton rolled his eyes, "why do you think she's here and not with him?" Anton made a face of realization at that question before giving me a sheepish smile and I gave him a reassuring one.

"He hasn't called so I'm guessing they're still in session," I replied and they nodded, "but let's not talk about that as I don't want to worry more than I already am."

"Good idea," Anton said before clapping his hands and standing up from my bed making me raise a brow, "Cam and I were playing around with some tunes and came up with a song."

I blinked as he walked back to the bed with his laptop and turned it on before clicking on some keys, "when did you guys even have time for this?"

"We find time." Cam chuckled as a soft and beautiful tune filtered through the small speakers form the laptop.

I closed my eyes as the song played in the background and I could already hear Jacob's voice singing it and it was absolutely beautiful. I unconsciously found myself rubbing my baby bump as the song continued playing and smiled. This little girl was going to be her father's pride and joy as much as her brother is. They both already have him wrapped around their little fingers and they don't even know it. Jacob, in the short period we've been together has proven to be the man that o never knew I needed in my life and has stored up to be the father my son needs.

I know I find myself saying that a lot but it was the truth. He's such an amazing man that will go above and beyond to make sure we're taken care of and will shield us from getting bombarded by flashing lights and shouting grown men asking to see the face of a little boy who didn't ask to be part of the limelight as we have.

"So what did you think?" Anton asked once the song ended and I opened my eyes and smiled.

"It's beautiful," I replied and he grinned.

"Good," Cam said with a sigh of relief making me chuckle. "We worked on it for a few days until we perfected it, the only thing that needs to be done is to put your voices to it."

"I'm sure Jacob will be more than happy to go to the studio to record," I said and they nodded, "but we'll probably have to wait until either the baby's born or until I'm good to be off bed rest which I find it to be unlikely."

"No worries," Anton said with a warm smile, "we don't have to record the song yet. We still have to promote your singles and albums before we can even start thinking of recording new music besides you two will be busy with both Grayson and this little lady when she's here."

"Sounds like a plan," I said and after a few s'more minutes of meeting with then, Cam and Anton bid Grayson—who Dad had brought up for a nap after playing in the backyard—goodbye with promises of visiting again soon.

Deciding that there wasn't anything for me to do, I decided to take a nap as well and on my woke up when I felt Jacob's m fingers running through my hair. I blinked open my eyes and gave him a sleepy smile tha the returned before leaning down and pressing a kiss to my forehead, "sorry for waking you."

"Don't worry," I replied as I shifted before slowly,and with his help, sat up and leaned back against the pillows still propped up against the bedpost. "What time is it?"

"3," her replied checking his phone and I nodded, "did you have a good nap?" I nodded with a smile before yawning.

"Did you just get in?"

"Yeah," he replied before climbing beside me on the bed and leaning against the bedpost, "how was trial?"

"Good," he answered and I looked up at him, "judge ruled in our favor and forced the magazine and paparazzi to pay us for invasion of privacy for both going to our school and for posting the photo of Grayson online without consent."

"Good," I replied, "so we don't have to worry about any other court dates then?"

"Nope." He abated popping the 'p' and I nodded, "all we need to worry about now is our children." I smiled loving the way he says kids.

"Mhm," I hummed leaning my head on his shoulder and kissed my head, "oh, Cam and Anton stopped by earlier."

"Yeah?"

"They came to see how o was doing and to show me a new song they had worked on," I stated before grabbing my phone and opening the file that Anton had sent before he and Cam left.

I looked up at him and saw his eyes closed as he listened to the melody of the song and once it was over he reopened his eyes and smiled, "it's nice. Definitely a song we can sing together for our girl."

"Yeah," I agreed, "I was also working on a song for Grayson."

"Oh?"

"Want to hear it?"

"Of course." He replied and I beamed before pulling up the recording I had done for a new song. I watched his reaction as the song played and he smiled and bobbed his head along, "babe that's amazing."

"Really?" I asked and he smiled nodding before pecking me on the lips.

"It's beautiful," he stated and I grinned, "both songs are perfect just like our kids are."