16. Jacob

January 17, 2021 (17 weeks and 5 days along)

I rolled my eyes as Hanna plastered on a fake smile before sauntering towards Archer, Jett, Celine, Clary and me.

I know I haven't really introduced you to my friends—the latter of the five of us having been away since school began due to their parents work—so I'm going to do it now.

Archer Lee, was and still is my best friend. We've been best friends since we were in our mother's womb considering they were friends themselves and have been since they were in elementary school. Archer is my right hand man in everything we do from smoking pot to saving my ass during fights. He's been at my side since I told him that Brook was expecting.

"Didn't Aunt Addison tell you to wrap it whenever you bring a girl home?" He had asked when I told him the news. I only rolled my eyes and hit him over the head.

"She did but shit happens."I told him and he only shook his head.

"Now what?"

"I'm not going to let her raise our child alone," I remember telling him and he nodded. "Plus you know how I've had a crush on her so I'm going to ask her on a date."

He nodded, patted my shoulder and wished me good luck. Now that Brooke was nearly 18 weeks along, Archer has been demanding to know the gender of the baby but we have been mum about it wanting to surprise everyone in a few days when we throw a gender reveal party at Brook's family home. He's even claimed the uncle tittle already. I only rolled my eyes when he announced that he'll be the baby's favorite uncle.

"You're going have to fight my brother on that one," Brook replied making Archer give her a wary smile as every knew who her brother was and what he did for a living.

"I think I'll stick with being the second favorite," he had said making us laugh.

Anyways, Archer is about my height at 6 ft 1 with a slender build and much like me, was into boxing and motorcycles. He owned a similar model as the one I have and we usually went on rides together through town. He's half Japanese and half American. He's dad is Japanese while his mom is American. He's the second of four siblings. His eldest brother is a Marine while he's younger siblings—twins—were in first grade. He has black hair and gray-blue eyes that people say are fake but they're as unique as the idiot is. He's also into Art—like painting and shit—and he's actually really good at it. Half of his bedroom has a painting of a dragon done by him. It had taken him a good month and a half to complete and it's the dopest thing I've ever seen.

"Dude, I still can't believe you're having a kid," Jett said as soon as he and his sisters walked into the school and saw Archer and me standing at our usual place by my locker. I rolled my eyes and greeted the girls with a smile that they returned.

"We're gone for a whole year and when we come back we find out you've knocked up the princess of LA?" Clary asked with a slaw of her.

"Are you two dating now or?" Celine asked with a perfectly arched brow and I nodded, "Good, because I was about to knock some sense into that thick skull of yours if you didn't put your big boy pants and asked her out." Again I rolled my eyes making Archer snicker. "And where the fuck were you when all this shit went down?"

Archer gave her a sheepish smile as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Home?"

"You're as useless as always," The red head replied making Archer roll his eyes.

"I'm not his mom. I'm not going to be watching over him like a damn hawk and make sure he doesn't stick his dick up some unsuspecting girl that have dreamt of getting wrecked by him."