34. Jacob

*7 months later*

April 15, 2021( Hinata is now 10 months old)

"So we to invited to the met," Brook said walking into our room and I raised a brow as she held an envelope.

"When is it?" I asked and she looked down before telling me the date which was two weeks from today, "that's in two weeks."

She nodded as she sat on the bed, "we need RSVP if we're going to go by the 20th."

"If we go we'll need to figure out who'll watch the kids for us for a few days while we go to the Met," I said and she nodded.

"We can see if my parents can watch them," she said and I nodded.

"Hello?" Heather answered after the second ring.

"Hi, mom," Brook greeted her mother.

"Hi, honey, is something wrong?" She questioned, voice laced with concern.

"No, everything's good, I'm actually calling to see if you and dad would be able to watch Hina and Gray for us on the 30 to the 4th?" She asked, "oh by the way you're on speaker phone."

"Hi, Jacob," she greeted.

"Hi, Heather."

The line was silent aside from a few pages being flipped making Brook and I raise a brow, before shrugging. She's probably checking to see if she has any plans those days which was something mom did as well.

"Your father and I would love to watch them but we're going to be in New York those days."

"You got an invite to the met gala too?"

"You got one as well? "

"Yeah. That's why we were calling," Brook replied and her Mom hummed in understanding.

"Have you called Addison? She might be able to watch them?"

"We haven't called her yet, we had hoped you'd be able to watch them since we didn't want to put more pressure on her with Tory and all." Brook stated.

"That's understandable, how is Tory doing?" She asked and I smiled that Brook mirrored.

"She's doing great," I said with a smile.

"Oh that's wonderful, I'm so glad she's doing great," she said and I could hear the smile on her voice, "give her a hug and kiss for me when you see her next will you?"

"We will," I replied and after a few more words exchanged, the call ended and Brook turned to me making me raise a brow.

"I don't want to put more pressure on your mom not when she's got Tory to worry about," she said and I nodded, "I can ask Vic and Mickey but I don't know if they're in LA. Maybe Wynter can watch them?"

"We'll ask my mom and see what she says," I said trying to calm her worries and she worried at her bottom lip before nodding, "besides Wynter won't be able to watch to kids with school and soccer practice even if it is for a few days."