17. Brook

January 20, 2021 (18 weeks and 1 day along)

"So I wrote a new song that I think we can record together," I said as we sat in the recording booth while our friends stood on the other side of the glass window.

Jacob took the paper where I had written a new song and read over it before nodding.

"This is nice," he replied making me smile, "Have you placed a title on it?"

"No," I said with a sheepish smile and he shook his head before leaning over and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"It's alright, we'll figure it out," he replied just as Anton voice echoed through the speakers.

"Are you two ready to start or do you guys want some privacy?" He asked making me roll my eyes, "On second thought there's not much privacy for you two in there."

He burst into laughter when Jacob flipped him off, "We're ready to start whenever you two are ready."

We nodded and he grinned and we both put on some headphones before the soft playing of piano flowed in.

Together we sang the chorus but he was continued the song afterwards, "Someone dies or someone gets hurt
But if one of us dies."

I looked at him as he sang the next verse, "Someone dies or someone gets hurt
But if one of us dies
I hope I die first
'Cause I don't wanna live without you
I don't wanna ever learn
How to fall asleep without you
Tell me what's worse
Losing you now or later?
Maybe I can break the curse
And I can be in love forever
If I die,"

I bit the inside of my cheek as he stared at me the entire time as he sang and I smiled, "You're my fire and my safety
You never mean to break me
And that's why I'm afraid
'Cause someday, everybody's leaving
You promise that you'll stay
But that's a promise you can't make,"

That's how we went until we both sang the final verse of the song together, " hope I die first
I can be in love forever, love forever, love forever
If I die first
I hope I die first
I can be in love forever, love forever, your love forever"

Cheers and claps soon echoed through the window as the song came to an end, "I think I have the name,"

"Me too," I replied and he grinned.

"That was amazing you two," Cam said through the speaker, "I can already see this song becoming your next big hit."

*****

"Dude," Jett exclaimed as we entered my house after having finished our recording sessions.

"Your house is beautiful," Cici said with wide eyes as she scanned the lobby. I smiled and thanked them before leading the group towards the living room.

"Would you guys like anything to drink? Eat?" I asked just as Mom walked into the room carrying Grayson who's eyes instantly lit up upon seeing Jacob.

"Dada!" He exclaimed making Jacob's friends, except Archer, raise a brow.

"Little dude has taken into calling Jake dada ever since he and Brook got together," Archer said making me give him a grateful smile since I didn't know wha Tio say and they nodded.

"He's absolutely adorable," Clary replied with a smile adding, "And Jacob is so good with him, like I didn't know he was that gentle with little kids."

"We learn something new about our friend everyday," Jett stated and his sisters nodded in agreement.

"How was recording?" Mom asked and I smiled.

"Good," I replied and she nodded, "by the way Mama these are Jacob's friends, Archer, Jett, Cici and Clary,"

"Hi Mrs. Payne," the group of four greeted her and she gave them a warm smile.

"Hello, it's lovely to meet you all," Mom said as Dad and Vic walked in through the front door making the two teenagers stare in awe at my brother making the girls roll their eyes.

"Oh, hello there," Dad said upon seeing the new faces in our living room.

"Sup," Vic greeted the four teens, "Hi Mom."

"Hi honey," she greeted back, "Did you guys get everything I listed?"

"Yup, there are a few more things in the car though," Dad said as he and Vic carried handful of bags each towards the guest room down the hall.

"Would you boys mind helping them?" Mom asked Jett and Archer.

"Mom," I reprimanded and she gave me a what look making me sigh.

"You don't have to say yes," I said turning to the boys but they only shook their heads before heading to the parked car out front.

"Let them," Cici said before Jacob walked over na shanked Grayson over.

"I'm going to go help them," he stated and I nodded.

"Hi baby," I greeted the little boy who beamed and gave me kisses making me chuckle before returning the kisses that earned me a fit of giggles.

"These are Dada's friends, can you say hi?" I asked showing Grayson the two girls before us who were smiling and he titled his little head before giving them both toothy grins and a small wave and then hiding away.

"Oh my gosh, he's so freaking cute," Cici gushed.

"Be steal my beating heart," Clary added making chuckle.

"Would you girls like to help decorate the yard with us?" Mom asked and they nodded.

"If you don't mind me asking," Cici asked, "What's the occasion?"

"Oh we're going to start setting up for Brook's gender reveal for tomorrow," Mom replied and they nodded, "Of course you're all welcomed to join us for the big day."

"Thank you, we wouldn't miss it for the world," Clary said as we made our way towards the yard.

******

The following day was hectic with Jacob's friends having arrived an hour earlier then planned to help finish the decorating. Mom and Addison were setting up the porch with tables while Dad, Jacob and Vic were putting up some fairy lights while Micky, Wynter, Anna, Clary and Cici were setting up the backdrop and blowing up the balloons with Jett and Archer.

"Why don't you go get ready while we finish up here?" Mom asked as she walked over to me and I nodded.

"Have you seen Princess and Lola?" I asked referring to my two dogs and she pointed towards the fenced off area where all the dogs were. And by that I meat all four dogs, two which were Vic and Mickey's and Wynter's dogs. I nodded and headed over to Jacob who seemed to be done with hanging the fairy lights. "We should go get ready."

He looked at his phone and nodded before excusing himself from my dad and brother who waved him off.

"I want to post some photos on instagram once the decorations are up," I said as we climbed the stairs to my room. He slept over the night before so he could help with the decorating is ready dog having to drive back and forth from his and mine.

He hummed as held the door open for me to walk in before closing it behind him, "Sounds good, I was thinking we could have a family one just us three."

I smiled and nodded, "I would very much like that."