13. Brook

December 22, 2020 (14 weeks along)

I woke to a soft hand lightly hitting me in the face and grumbled pulling the covers over my head to try and get a few more minutes of sleep but a chuckle had me opening my eyes and peering over the covers to see Jacob standing on the side of my bed with Grayson who was on the end. I blinked to see if I was imagining things but Jacob was still there. I blinked and looked at the time on the nightstand to see that it was half past 9 and quickly sat up.

"Get out," I said covering my face as I felt a blush beginning to creep onto my face at the thought of him seeing me this way.

"Why?" He asked confused and I looked at him through my fingers and saw him picking Grayson up from the bed before seeing him on the ground and that's when I noticed that my son was fully dressed in a pair of jean shorts, white button down short sleeve shirt and black Nike shoes.

"Because I look gross," I muttered and heard him scoff, "Which means I need to get ready."

"First of you look beautiful with your bed hair and all," he said pulling my hands away and I looked up into his eyes, "and second of, there's nothing I haven't seen  already." He cheekily replied and I rolled my eyes and pushed him off which only made him grin even more before leaning down to give me a kiss hut I moved away making him roll his eyes before cupping nu cheeks and pressing a kiss to my lips. "Get ready and come down m, I want to show you something."

I watched as he picked Grayson back up before heading out do the room. His room.

Yes, Grayson and I had spent the night at Jacob's. Once he and Grayson were out of the room, I got out of bed and made my way toward the overnight bag I brought and picked an outfit for the day. Once I was fully dressed after a quick shower—30 minutes to be exact—I went down stairs where I saw both Jacob's mother and Tory along with Trevor. They were all seated at the dinning table with Jacob and Grayson. They all looked my way when I walked in with Jacob standing up from his seat before pulling the one beside him out for me.

"Good morning, Brook." Jacob's mother, Addison, greeted me with a warm smile, "Did you have a good night?"

"Good morning," I greeted back before nodding at her question, "I did thank you. Hope Grayson wasn't a burden last night. I know he was a bit loud during the night."

"Nonsense," she said waving me off, "I know how toddlers and babies are during the night, especially in an unfamiliar places." I bit my lip and nodded.

Grayson had been crying and screaming the entire night last night when we came home after our trip to the beach with Jacob and his family. He didn't fall asleep until around 3 in the morning and that was because Jacob decided to sing to him. It was a sight to see and I had actually snapped a photo of them together as Grayson began to calm down and just stared up at him with with watery and tired eyes.

I knew Grayson wanted to go to our home because he's used to that environment but I wanted him to also get used to being in a different place—though I should've waited a while until that—especially seeing as Jacob and I were a couple.

"Brook?" I blinked hearing my name to see everyone looking at me and I felt my face heat up with a blush and turned to Jacob who had been the one to call my name, "are you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry," I apologized and he raised a brow not looking convinced but nodded, "what was that you wanted to show me?" I asked changing the subject as he placed a plate of fruit, bacon along with a glass of orange juice and prenatal vitamins. "Thank you."

He nodded before sitting beside me again and began feeding Grayson his own food. I noticed his plate was still full and I caught Tory's eyes and she smiled.

"He's saving it to eat it once Grayson's been fed." Addison said as she to saw me looking at Jacob's plate.

I looked at him and Jacob just smiled before leaning over and pressing a kiss to my temple, "eat up."

I bit my cheek before digging into the food before me.

The rest of breakfast went by quickly with me taking over feeding Grayson so Jacob could eat before I was helping Addison clear the table and bring the dirty dishes to the sink where she only rinsed them off and placed them in the dishwasher.

"So what are your plans for the day?" Trevor asked as we sat in the living room.

"I don't know but Jacob said he wanted to show me something," I said looking at the man in question who smiled before he was handing me a magazine which had me raising a brow and he rolled his eyes.

"Look at the cover and then go to page ten." He said and I nodded and really took the cover and looked up to see him smirking. On the cover was Jacob and he looked breathtakingly handsome on the cover of Teen Vogue. How and when did this even happen?

"When and how?" I asked making him grin

"It was during that photoshoot that I had with Jason," he said and I nodded, "I didn't see anyone else so I thought that once we were done that I'd be going over to see you and take both you and Grayson to the beach." He explained before telling us that there had been a writer for the magazine that wanted to talk to him since word had gotten out that there was anew up and coming artist under Diamond Record which was my mother's record label.

As he spoke I turned to the page he had instructed earlier and saw that the person who had interviewed him was one of my friends, Shelby Sterling. She's a wonderful person and I was glad that she had been sent to interview him.

"We were very surprised and shocked when he showed us the magazines when he received it early." Addison said and I looked up to see her smiling at her son who only rolled his eyes but had a smile of his own.

"That issues isn't out on stores yet," he said, " Shelby said that it'll be on sale next week." I nodded.

"This is amazing, Jacob," I said and he rubbed the back of his neck making me smile while Grayson only babbled on his lap not knowing what was going on around him. "I liked the part where you talked about Grayson."

I knew Brook for a while and have always admired her for her bravery to be who is she and not giving two fucks about what people think of who she was even though I know it affects her in some way. But the thing that makes me admire her the most is the fact that she was a single mother raising an adorable little boy that has absolutely stolen my heart the second I laid my eyes on him. He's this incredible little boy that loves everything and anything around him and I have grown attached to him. I may not be his father by blood but I feel this immense love and protection over and for him that I'll do everything in my power to keep him safe.

Those were the words he said and I believed him.

Like he said, Jacob loves my son as his own and it's no surprise with the way he plays with him or sings to him or even reads to him at night when I put him down. Grayson will throw a fit when Jacob leaves for the night. He won't even let me read or sing to him anymore. So I would have to call or FaceTime Jacob so be would sing to him and within seconds of Jacob dining, Grayson would be out cold.

"He loves you more than me," I once told Jacob as we walked to class and he only scoffed, "it's true, he won't sleep unless he hears your voice or sees you're face during our nightly FaceTime calls."

He just shook his head and kissed my cheek before we continued our walk to class. He didn't have a reply to that because he knew it was true and you know what? I'm not even even mad. I love that Grayson had grown attached to Jacob and vice versa.

"It's true," Jacob said cutting me from any depressing thoughts that were starting to form in my mind. "Everything I said in that interview is true."

"I know."