12. Jacob

December 20, 2020  (13 weeks and 5 days along)

"So? Have you decided on what song you want to be your single, yet?" Brook asked as we sat on her living room floor. I shook my head. I didn't even think that I'd ever put an album out since I always saw myself doing boxing for a living since I was good at it but I guess life had other plans.

"How about this one?" She said as she played Blinding Lights a song I had written about two years ago when I was bored and had finished training at the gym.

"Not really feeling it as a single," I said rubbing the back of my neck when the song ended and she nodded before shuffling through the songs that I had recorded already before pausing and playing the song she stopped at. The familiar tune to Hotline Bling filled the room and I nodded. The sound of little claps and giggles joined and we looked over to see Grayson dancing along to the song making him chuckle and clap.

"Baby got moves," a voice said making us look up to see Vic making his way towards us. Grayson squealed upon seeing him and waddled towards him. The older male chuckled as he picked his nephew up from the floor when he reached him. "You gotta teach me how to dance, little Buddy."

"What are you two up to?" He asked once he placed Grayson on the floor again

"Picking a song to be his single," Brook replied and her brother nodded, "we've been listing to all his songs but we haven't decided on one yet, want to help?"

"Sure but for a bit since I have to get to the gym soon,"So for the next half hour we listened to my music before finally agreeing that Hotline Bling was good and once Vic headed out to the gym, Brook and I called Cam to let her know the news and she was thrilled.

"Since the song is going to be your first single, why don't we release a snippet of it and promote it on your social media?" Cam's voice rang through the speakers

"Sounds like a plan," I replied already doing that.

"He's going to need to do a photoshoot for the album and for his single," Brook said making me raise a brow and Cam made a noise of agreement over the phone.

"When are you free next?" Anton's voice echoed through the speaker

"Friday, after school," I replied and I could hear typing in the other end making me look at Brook who only smiled.

"Great, Jason and Louise will meet with you at 4:30 on Friday to get a few photos of you for your album." Anton said making me blink in surprise that they were able to get a photographer and stylist this soon.

We exchanged a few words after that before en didn't the call.

"Jason and Louise are Anton and Cam's cousins and are also one of the best photographers and stylists in LA. I always get my photos and wardrobe by them when I have a photoshoot or need new pictures for my albums." Brook said and I nodded, "you're going to be in good hands,I promise."

****

"Are those for me?" I closed my eyes at the annoying voice of Hanna as I walked down the hall with a bouquet of flowers that I was going to be giving to Brook. We've been dating for a good while now and I honestly never thought that one night months ago would lead to this. My life had made a 180 degree turn in a matter of weeks and it's all because of Brook. She doesn't even know how much she has helped me. She's been such a blessing in my life, her, little Grayson and our baby. All three have given me a new meaning in life I never knew how to repay how much Brook has helped me. Staring with showing me that even someone like me, who's been a dick his whole life since his father walked out on him, can be a better man than I could have ever thought possible.