11. Brook

December 15, 2020 (13 weeks along)

I woke to the loud sounds of thunder and groaned. Freaking awesome. It's raining. A whimper from the baby monitor had me cloning out of bed and rushing to Grayson's room that was connected to mine and saw him sitting in his crib with wide eyes with tears welling up in his eyes. Thunder broke again making him burst into tears.

"Hey, shhh, it's okay," I cooed as I picked him out of the crib and cradled him in my arms before walking to my room and getting back in my bed. He clung to me as I pulled the covers over us, "it's okay, baby, you're okay."

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

I softly sang as I rubbed his back trying to get him back to sleep. It worked as his soft breath fanned my neck and other than whispers coming from him every once in a while when thunder struck, Grayson slept.

A few hours later I woke up to my alarm going off and groaned pulling the covers over my head after shutting the damn thing off. Grayson was cuddled up against my side, his soft snores the only noise in the room.

That is until my door was opened and my mother's voice filtered in.

"Brook, sweetie, time to wake up."

"Not going in today," I mumbled pulling the covers off enough to look at her and seeing her with a brow raised, "Grayson woke up a few times during the night because of the storm and we just fell asleep about two hours ago."

She nodded.

"Morning sickness has also been kicking my butt," I said with a sigh as I rubbed my eyes to clear them from sleep and she nodded, "I don't remember it being that bad with Gray,"

"Every pregnancy is different, honey," she replied and I sighed, "Get some rest, I'll message your uncle to let him know you're not coming in today."

"Thanks, Mama." I mumbled and she nodded before leaning down and pressing a kiss to my forehead saying,

"You might want to think about transferring to homeschool in the next few weeks,"

"I will," I nodded and she left my room after that, shutting the door softly behind her and I sighed yawing before cuddling back under the covers and letting sleep take over.

****

"What do you think of the name, Atlas?" Jacob asked as we sat on the living room floor of his mom's house. We've been going over baby names for the past hour ever since I finished my session with Cam and Anton.

Grayson was currently napping in his room upstairs.

I bit my lip trying out the name and nodded, "will put that on the 'yes' side," I said making him chuckle as he wrote the name down and I smiled, "How about the name Nora?"

And that's how we spent the next few minutes before deciding to call it a day and just as we were shutting the baby name books, Grayson's soft whimpers coming  through the baby monitor had me standing up but before I could make my way towards the stairs, Jacob said that he'll get him before running up the stairs. A few moments later I heard his voice soothing Grayson down before rustling was heard as he most likely picked him up from the bed.