22. Jacob

February 14, 2021 (21 weeks and 5 days)

With mom and Trevor gathering evidence to press charges against Hanna and the paparazzi for both defamation and invasion of privacy with regards of them obtaining a photo of Grayson without mine or Brook's permission, I decided to take Brook in a date. Today would also be our first Valentine's Day together as a couple and I will make this day worth while as she deserved it more than anything especially with everything that's been happening since we got together.

"Hansamu ni miemasen ka, hanī, " mom said as she stood by the door of my bedroom while I struggled with the tie, "where are you taking Brook?" (don't you look handsome, honey)

"I was thinking of taking her to that diner, Trevor, had been telling me about ever since he took you on your anniversary last month," I said as she entered my room and swatting my hands away,and getting the job done by fixing my tie and I smiled thanking her.

"That's wonderful, baby, I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time," she said and I smiled, "but be careful, alright? There will be paparazzi everywhere and I don't want your dinner date to be ruined if they say or do something to upset either of you."

"Watashi wa shitte iru, okāsan," I replied pressing a kiss to her forehead, "stop stressing, it'll give you wrinkles." She rolled her eyes at my teasing before shaking her head as we headed out of my room, "everything will okay, mom." (I know, mom)

I grabbed my car keys from the glass bowl by the door as well as my coat and with one last kiss to my mother, is growls out do my house and walked towards my car before getting in. I turned the gnome on along with the radio and smiled as mine and Brook's latest single blasted through the speakers.

****

I parked my car in her long winding driveway before climbing out and bounding up the steps to the front door before ringing the bell. Even though her parents had told me to just walk in, this was different so I was going to do this right. I clasped one of my hands behind my back while the other held a bouquet of lilies and daffodils as I swayed in the heels of my feet while waiting for the door to open which happened a minute later by Vic who raised a brow before rolling his eyes, "Brook! Your dates here!" I rolled my eyes this time and he smirked, "so where are you taking my baby sister?"

"Dinner and then perhaps a stroll through the park," I stated and he nodded just as Brook stepped into view wearing an above the knee forest green cold shoulder dress with a pair of crème sharp toe heels and hair down in soft waves with a peal head band finishing of her look. She also had one soft neutral make up down making her look even more radiant than ever. I smiled ass he grinned, eyes twinkling.

"Hi," I smiled holding the bouquet and she smiled taking them from me before smelling the flowers, "you look stunning, angel." Vic fake gagged and Brook rolled her eyes before giving him the boquete and telling him to put them in water, "ready?"

"Mhm," she nodded taking my hand and allowing me pull her away form the door while Vic liked at me and gave me a look that had me raising a brow.

"Don't keep her out too late, she is pregnant after all." He said then closed the door and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry about him," she said but I shook my head.

"Don't worry," I said hosting the door open for her to climb in before running around the hood and climbing.

"He's just worried since the whole thing," she said and I nodded, "I just hope this whole thing gets solved soon."

I couldn't agree more with that sentiment.

"Tonight is not about trails, evidence or any of that stuff," I said as I pulled out of her driveway and down the road towards the restaurant, "tonight is about us, and having a good time."

****

March 16, 2021 (26 weeks)

Brooklyn Payne and Jacob Rodriguez, have officially called it quits!

That was the last thing I wanted to wake up to. But as always,shit like this is always being written. It was getting fucking annoying to say the least, and no I don't blame Brook one bit for any of this. The only person I could blame it on was the vain of my existence, Hanna. She will do whatever it is she can to make her fantasies happen but she's got another thing coming. She'll regret fucking with me and my family.

I opened the article that had been sent to me by a fan and rolled my eyes at the first sentence.

Thats right folks, you read that right. Brook and Jacob known to their fans as Jook have called it quits after months of dating. It turns about that Jacob has been lying and using Brook for attention all this time. Brook, according to a source close to the singer, is heartbroken and devastated upon learning this. She has cut ties completely with Rodriguez and his family since  news came out of his lies.

"I swear they have nothing else to make up," Tory grumbled as she came down the stairs with her face buried in her phone most likely reading the same pointless article I was.

"Tell me about it," I muttered putting my phone away. Mom and Trevor sat across from us with raised brows. "How much longer until we can take this to court?"

"We actually wanted to talk to you and Brook about it, so why don't you give her a call?" Mom asked and I nodded pulling phone back out and dialing her number.

"Hello?" She answered after the third ring and I smiled.

"Good morning Tenshi," I greeted and I could hear her shuffling on the other end of the line.

"Morning, moró" she replied.

"I know it's still early and we agreed to meet later on but my parents actually wanted to know if you could come over?"

"Um, okay, is everything okay?"

I looked at my mom and Trevor before replying, "yes angel, and also don't read anything that mentions us on Twitter."

"Okay...now you're really worrying me." She muttered before sighing, "I'm going to get Gray ready and we should be at your house in a few minutes."

After we said our see you soon's, I turned to mom and Trevor, "she'll be here soon."