36. Jacob

June 20,2021 (Hina-11 months old, Gray-3 years old)

"DADDY!" I grinned as Grayson ran into the hall followed by Brook and Hina. I crouched to his level and scooped him into my arms before giving him a kiss on the cheek making him beam, "welcome home daddy."

"It's good to be home," I replied with a smile before leaning down to give both my girls a kiss as well.

"Hungry?" Brook asked and I hummed as I followed her back to the kitchen where I could smell dinner being prepared.

"It smells delicious," I said putting Grayson back in the floor while she did the same with Hina but on her high chair instead of in the ground.

"It's steak, potatoes and veggies." She stated and I hummed, mouth already salivating. "Why don't you go wash up? Food should be ready in about ten minutes."

I nodded and gave her another kiss before exiting the kitchen and heading up to our room to shower. Brook and I will be headlining our first tour in three months which means we've been rehearsing nonstop since Heather and Damon announced it to us after the whole fiasco with Hanna and paparazzi which was four months ago. It had been a complete shock for us since we didn't think we'd be torturing so soon.

"I know it's soon and short notice but I think you guys going in tour will be good specially with everything that's happened the past few months," Heather had said when we sat down at dinner. My parents, Tory and her boyfriend—Brayden—had also gone to dinner at the Payne's house with us.

Brook and I exchanged looks before smiling and nodding, "you actually beat us," I said making our parents look at us, "we had been talking—Brook and I—-and we agreed that we wanted to go on tour while the kids are still little, specially Grayson since he'll be starting pre-school next year."

Damon and Heather exchanged looks this time before nodding, "alright then, seeing as we're all in the same page," he looked at my parents and sister, "what are your thoughts on this?" I looked over at them and noticed they were smiling.

"We support whatever decision you make," Mom said looking at me with a smile, and I smiled back, "so what do you need us to do?"

"Just be the support they need," Heather said with a smile, "we will need to do photoshoots to promote the tour, sit down and discuss what songs you'll play, contact the venues as well as start promoting it on social media."

"We can do that," Tory said, "if that's okay? I mean I've been doing promos for Jake for his boxing when he only did that so I know a little here and there about that."

Damon and Heather nodded, "I don't see any problems with that unless you two are?"

"No problem at all," Brook said as she picked Hina from the high chair when she got fussy while I helped Gray eat his Mac and cheese.

"Alright, we will begin planning tomorrow." Heather announced and it was pure chaos. Mom and Dad both had folders of different venues and were each contacting them to set dates. Brook and I were pulled left right and center to photoshoots to interviews that never seemed to end and rehearsals every day. Today being the only day that Brook and the kids didn't go with me since she had been sick all morning so I figured it would be best if she stayed home until she felt better.

Speaking of, "feeling better?" I asked as I rejoined my little family back in the kitchen. She smiled.

"Mhm," she nodded, " I must have eaten something last night that didn't sit well with my stomach. I already took some medicine for it so I'll be good to head to rehearsal tomorrow with you and the kids," she replied as I sat down next to her and I nodded.

"That's good," I said, "had me worried all day."

"Sorry to worry," she said with an apologetic smile but I shook my head.

"It's my job to worry about you, baby." I said as I took her left hand and brought it up to my lips where I pressed a kiss to her knuckles, "in sickness and in health remember?" She rolled her eyes with a smile at my cheeky question.

"I remember."

*****

June 27 ( Hina is 1 and Grayson is 3)

A week later we decided that to throw Hinata a party for first day. Yes, my baby girl was officially one and it was insane that it's been a year since she completed our family.

The backyard was decorated with Matte coral beige garlands swaying gently in the breeze, creating a whimsical atmosphere. Against the backdrop of the clear sky, a light pink stage stood tall and proud, adorned with delicate floral arrangements. A large banner hung gracefully, displaying Hinata's name, written in gold cursive, with a charming little crown resting above it.

Mom, Tory, Heather, Wynter, and Mickey took charge of transforming the space into a magical oasis. Their dedication to creating a memorable experience for Hinata was apparent in every detail they meticulously arranged.

"Where do you want this?" Damon asked as he held a crown and rose balloon. I scanned the yard before pointing him towards the back near the dessert table.

"There, you can just tie them to the post," I said and he nodded before going in that direction and doing as I said. I looked towards Tory and saw her laughing at something Brayden said while also skillfully making paper flowers and tying them together.

Little by little they hard was coming together and before I knew it, I was being told to go change while our families and friends had gone home to change as well.

"Who did you invite?" I asked Brook as I styled my hair after I had throw in a white v-neck and black skinny jeans. She wore a knee length off the shoulder pink Macy dress that she paired with gold flats. Her hair was pulled up on a bun with a few strands loose framing her face.

She was beautiful.

"Harry and Louis with little Freddy, Liam with his son Bear, Avery and Xander and their kids as well as Cam, Anton." She said and I nodded, "and you?"

"Not many, you know the usual ones, along with Carson and John and their wives." Carson and John were buddies of mine from my boxing times and were both proud parents of two little ones that were around the same age as Grayson.

She nodded, "I can't believe it's been a whole year since Hina came into our lives."

"It's insane," I agreed, "but I work the change anything that led us to this moment."

"Me neither."