14. Jacob

December 28, 2020 (15 weeks along)

"So I was thinking," Brook said as we drove to my house after picking Grayson up from her place.

"And what would that be?" I asked turning onto my street before looking over to see her biting her bottom lip. Brook was officially 15 weeks along and her bump was slowly beginning to show which only meant that she'll be transferring to online classes soon. It'll suck not seeing her in school everyday but it was best for her to be in a stress free environment where she'll be watched over by her family instead of dealing with the gossip and side commentary from the school body.

"Announcing my pregnancy," she replied and I raised a brow as I drove up my driveway and parking the car before shutting it off. We didn't move as we sat in the driveway. Grayson had fallen asleep sometime during the drive.

"Are you sure?" I asked and she nodded, "if you're sure then you know I'll support you 100 percent," she smiled and I took her hand and pressed a kiss on her knuckles, "When do you want to do it?"

"We can after your album is released since I don't want to take that from you." She replied and I shook my head making her raise a brow and I chucked.

"You wouldn't be taking anything from me," I said making her furrow her brows, "nothing can beat the news of having a child with you." She bit the inside of her cheek as a soft blush covered her cheeks, "So don't worry about taking the spotlight nor listen to those fans that may call you on it because they don't know anything."

"Then how do you feel about having a photoshoot Friday?" She asked and I nodded and she smiled.

"Sounds like a plan, now come on, mom is probably wondering why we haven't entered the house," I said before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. She smiled before we climbed out of the car with me taking Grayson out from his car seat while Brook grabbed their overnight bags since they were going to be staying the night.

"No," Grayson whined as I picked him up before he settled down and went back to sleep. Brook and I exchanged looks before smiling. We entered my house and were greeted by my mother and Tory. Trevor said he would be coming over later.

"About time," Mom said with her hands on her hips making us give her a sheepish smile and she shook her head, "Come on then, dinner is set."

"What time did Trevor said he was going to be here?" Tory asked and mom liked at her watch and smile,

"He should be arriving soon." She replied and I raised a brow, "He called to say that he would be able to make on time for your birthday," I nodded and led Brook to the kitchen before heading up to my room today Grayson my bed. I grabbed the two monitors and turned them on before putting one on the night stand while I took the other downstairs to keep on hand incase he woke up.

As I was making my way downstairs, the front door opened and in walked Trevor dressed in a three piece black tux with his hair slicked back as always.

"Hey, kid," he greeted and I nodded

"Hey, Trev." I greeted him as we exchanged handshakes, "how was work?"

"Good, just long, you know the drill." He replied as we walked towards the kitchen where he went and greeted Mom with a kiss on the lips before giving Tory a kiss on the head.

"Hi, Brook," He greeted my girlfriend who smiled and greeted him with a hug that he returned before sitting beside my mom.

"Let's eat."

*******

Friday arrived sooner then expected and I walked up to Brook's home and rang the bell. The door opened a moment later by Heather who smiled in greeting.

"Hello, Jacob." She said.

"Hello Mrs. Payne," I greeted and she raised a brow making me give her a sheepish smile, "Heather."

"That's what I thought," she chuckled before inviting me in, "Brook should be done getting ready, why don't you wait for her in the living room?" I nodded and followed the older Payne woman to the family room and sat down one of the sofas. I could hear Liam and Grayson somewhere in the house and smiled, "Liam has Grayson out in the yard with Princess, Lola and Lucy.You can go there if you want." I decided to give Grayson and his grandfather more alone time with the dogs as I waited for his mother to come down from her room. Heather gave me a glass of water before excusing herself and headed to the backyard where her husband and grandson were.

I didn't have to wait too long as I heard Brook walked into the living room a few moments later dressed in a pink of the shoulder long sleeve with white jeans and black flats. Her hair was curled and pulled back away from her face. She smiled when she saw me and walked over as I stood up from the sofa.

"How long have you been here for?" She asked after we pulled back from the kiss with shared

"Not long," I replied and she nodded, "you look beautiful."

"You don't look so bad yourself." She replied making me chuckle. I wore a plain white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows putting my tattoos on full display, dark low riding jeans and my black high tops.

"Have you seen Gray yet?" She asked and I shook my head and she nodded, "we have time to get something to eat before we meet with Louise."

"Mama!" We both turned to the sound of Grayson's Codie to see him being carried in by Liam before his eyes lit up when he saw me, "Dada!"

I blinked taken aback by the sudden name. All of us were surprised by the little boy's exclamation as he's never called me that before, not until today.

"Di-Did he just?" Brook asked but her question fell short as we nodded and Grayson only wiggled in his grandfather's arms and whined which made the elder Payne male lower the small boy to the floor where he immediately ran towards me. I shook my head from my surprise and crouched down and held my arms open for him to crash into a moment later.

"Hi, bud,"I smiled before giving him a kiss on the forehead

"Hi," he beamed with bright eyes and rosy cheeks from playing out in the yard.

"You ready to go with mama and me?" I asked and he nodded his little hair making his hair fall into his eyes, "You need a hair cut soon."

"He sure does," Brook agreed as she ran her fingers though his hair once I was back in my feet with him in my arms. "Ready?"

"Yeah," I nodded and turned to her parents, "we'll be seeing you two later."

They nodded and bid us farewell as I led Brook to the front door and to the car with Grayson's head on my shoulder.

"Alright, ready for our first family family shoot?" I questioned Brook once I had Grayson strapped into his car seat and was now in the driver's seat and Brook nodded. "Then let's go."