35. Brook

May 2, 2021 (Hina is 11 months old)

The day of the Met Gala arrived and Jacob was nervous which is understandable considering this would be his first live event he does since starting out as an artist. While we got ready for the night, We had fake interviews to help him incase we get stopped by a reporter and interviewed. We also FaceTimed his mom to see how Hina and Gray were fairing but the ten-month old and the soon to be three year old were having the time of their lives playing with Tory and her boyfriend.

"The kids are having a great time," She said with a smile as she turned the camera and panned it towards the yard where Tory and Brayden had the kids and were playing on the sandbox that Trevor had set up for them. We smiled as Addison reached the pair and showed the kids the camera. "Look it's mommy and daddy."

"Mama! Daddy!"Grayson exclaimed with a beaming smile that warmed my own and a smile to come into my face while Hina babbled and squealed in happiness as she clapped her little hands that were covered in sand. "Look!" Grayson helped a beautiful rock towards the camera and I gasped.

"Oh wow, that's beautiful, baby." I grinned and he beamed showing his pearly whites, "are you having fun with auntie Tory and her friend?"

"Remember there will be cameras from vogue coming to film us as we get ready ," I said and he nodded just as a knock to our hotel room door sounded. He stood up and walked over to it.

Cameras invaded our room as our stylists started getting us ready with make up and hair. We talked as the cameras rolled but we paid them no mind.

"This is my first time attending the met gala," Jacob said as he sat on a chair getting his hair done while I was getting by make up done.

"And it'll be my first as a taken woman," I grinned making everyone chuckle while Jacob smiled. "We haven't really thought about touring right now."

That's how it went until we were dressed. We both had custom Alexander McQueen gown and tuxedo.

"You look stunning, love," Jacob said as I stepped into the room after getting the dress in in the bathroom.

"And you look handsome as always," I replied before we were told that we were running late for the Gala so we left our room and headed down to the lobby and into our limo after saying a farewell to the vogue cameras.

*****

Cameras flashed as the limo pulled into the Metropolitan Museum of Arts building where a red carpet was laid out. Some other big celebrities were already there posing for the paparazzi while others were talking to reporters.

The driver walked around the vehicle and opened the side door where Jacob was and he stepped out after taking a deep breath to collect himself. He held his hand out towards me and I smiled as I laid my hand on his and let him help me out. I was momentarily blinded when flashing lights hit me all at once.

Jacob and I posed for the paparazzi that were lingering nearby before we made our way towards the stairs.

"Jacob! Brook! Over here!"

Those were the chants we heard as we climbed the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Arts. It was crazy just how packed it was with all those of A listers.

"This is crazy," Jacob whispered in my ear as we posed and I smiled as I stared up at me before nodding in agreement. After a few moments of being photographed by the paparazzi as well as the event's photographers, Jacob and I were stopped by a reporter that asked us a few personal as well as professional questions such as when we would be touring or when we would release new music.

"We're currently working on a new album but we haven't decided when we would go on tour yet," Jacob replied and the lady nodded but kept giving him goggly eyes making me roll my eyes at how unprofessional it was.

"When should we expect to hear any news of you going on tour?" She asked him completely ignoring me and I just smiled trying to not let it get to me. This was Jacob's first Met Gala and I didn't want him to have a bad experience with it because of me.

"We will announce it when we are both ready to tour," I replied making her look down at me with a look of realization, making me inwardly roll my eyes, "we do have tow children that we need to think about before we make these types of decisions."

"But Jacob can tour on his own," she replied and the camera looked ashamed and embarrassed for her, "so shouldn't he be allowed to tour alone?"

"I am," Jacob replied, "but I chose not to, not when my wife will be home alone with two children that need us both."

"Brook, Jacob," Mom said before the woman could asked us anything else. She was a flanked by my dad, "they're done answering questions." The woman stared at her with wide eyes, "let's go, the event is about to begin."

We walked away for the reporter and I sighed.

"That was the worst interview I've ever had," Jacob said making me and my parents chuckle in agreement.

The night went by smoothly after that and before either of us knew it, the gala ended Jacob and I decided to not go to the after party and head back to our hotel room.

****

I woke to my phone going off with notifications and text messages from fans, friends and family all talking
about the interview. I grumbled at being woken at such an early hour. I had forgotten to put my phone on do not disturb when we got back.

@jacob_brook I can't believe that just happened #MetGala

@jook did anyone else notice how the reporter was looking at Jacob with Brook right there???? #MetGa

@jookotp that lady interviewing Jacob and Brook was so embarrassing..like how can you flirt—if that was what she was doing—with someone's husband when their wife is right there??

It was barely 7 and I was too tired to get up. Jacob grumbled beside me at the noise before pulling me into his arms and I smiled cuddling into him before letting my eyes close as sleep claimed me again.