012

may 9th, 2026
8:07 pm

KIMBERLY WAS FRIENDLIER THAN Brandon had realized

Even though the couple had been in D.C for less than a month, their housewarming party was still full with more people incoming.

Brandon stood in the living room, observing as his fiancée served as the perfect hostess, gracing everyone with a smile and directing them to the various hors d'oeuvres stationed in the kitchen.

Kimberly caught sight of him and waved him over to join her.

Brandon sighed but grabbed the red plastic cup filled a lot more than halfway with apple flavored Crown Royal and rose from the couch, prepared to walk over to Kimberly's side.

Then Brandon spotted her.

Sunday was walking in the front door, her friends on either side of her, a slightly anxious and regretful expression on her face.

Immediately, Brandon could feel his heart beat a little faster and he took a sip of his liquor, ignoring the burn that rushed down his throat.

Brandon joined his fiancée and Kimberly wrapped one arm around his waist, just as Sunday and her friends reached the pair.

Brandon forced himself to only casually look at Sunday and not stare at her in her electric blue crop top.

Kimberly greeted Sunday and her friends with a grin, "Hi!"

"Hi. Where's the liquor?" The guy with glasses on Sunday's left side, Rafael most likely, said in a blank tone.

"I got you, I was about to open a bottle of wine. I hope that you like white." Kimberly replied, about to walk away.

"Actually," Jeanette interjected and making Kimberly pause, "You got something harder? Me and him," She pointed to Rafael, "We aren't lightweights."

Kimberly turned to Brandon, silently asking if she could go in his liquor cabinet and he nodded.

Kimberly started to walk off and Sunday's friends followed her, leaving Brandon and Sunday by themselves by the staircase.

There were people milling around in the home but Brandon could only see her and by the way that Sunday wasn't looking around like she usually did, he could tell that she felt the same.

"Um... This place is really nice. And you got it in DuPont Circle. This is a nice ass neighborhood." Sunday nodded as she looked around the fully furnished home.