026

june 16th, 2026
2:45 pm

BRANDON PARKED HIS CAR IN THE BACK of the empty farmer's market like Sunday had directed him to

Just like Sunday had said in the earlier text message, the lot was empty, with only his car in the environment but Brandon was still anxious about two things: that the wrong person would see them and that Sunday was going to leave pissed at him.

Needless to say, Brandon was more worried about the latter rather than the former.

He hadn't exactly been honest with Kimberly and broken things off like he said he was going to and Brandon wasn't eager to receive Sunday's reaction at the news.

He could imagine Sunday growing silent and giving Brandon the slightly scary glare she held when she was angry.

"Shit," Brandon muttered to himself at the thought of Sunday being upset with him.

The sound of someone knocking at the passenger side window stirred Brandon out of a stupor and he slightly turned his head to the right to see Sunday with an impatient look on her face and two knuckles repeatedly rapping against the glass.

Brandon swiftly tapped the unlock button underneath his own window and Sunday got into his car with no hesitation.

"Look, I need to-." Sunday started to say, her two index fingers tapping against his dashboard in a staccato.

"Things didn't exactly go to-." Brandon spoke at the same time.

The two looked at each other and began to crack up just the tiniest bit.

"You go first, ma." Brandon managed to slide the words in with a chuckle, gesturing to her.

Sunday seized a deep breath from the atmosphere and stopped tapping the dash,"I know that we were supposed to tell our partners but the way that things went down last night between me and... It just wasn't the right time for me. I hope you understand. Please don't be upset with me."

Brandon let out an audible sigh of relief at Sunday's words causing the woman to send him a confused expression, "You're happy about that? Why would you be happy about that?"

"I'm just glad that you said that because the circumstances weren't great for me either. Kim's going through some medical stuff right now and I just..." Brandon trailed off, "It would've been salt in the wound."

"Is she alright?" Sunday asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"No but hopefully, she will be. It's a long story." Brandon shook his head as he unbuckled his seatbelt and let the seat recline, "So why the farmer's market?"