027

june 18th, 2026
4:46 pm

IN SUNDAY'S OPINION, the weather was too nice for the events that were about to transpire

She stood by the window in her father's hospital room, her arms crossed against her chest as if that would lessen her anxiety.

Noah and a local lawyer, a Caucasian man in his late forties with bright red hair, were sitting by Henry's bed in silence, waiting for the man to exit the bathroom.

Sitting on the tray table attached to the bed was what was about to be Henry Howard's final will and testament.

All of this felt wrong and somber.

God, I wish that B.J was here.

Sunday turned back to the window, noting and hating how blue and clear the sky decided to be today.

"Sissy," Noah called out to Sunday causing her to slowly whirl and face him.

Out of the corner of her eye, Sunday could see Noah's backpack resting on the far side of the room.

Noah's too young to be dealing with this, Sunday thought to herself as she watched Noah help Henry back into the bed.

"Sunny, come closer," Henry croaked out.

Uncrossing her arms, Sunday stepped forward to take her place by her younger brother who was now beginning to tower over her.

"Are we all ready?" The lawyer asked as he uncapped a navy ballpoint pen and touched it to the notebook in his lap.

"Yes. You know... My Sunny is studying to be a lawyer too." Henry said, a proud smile etched on his face, "Georgetown Law."

The lawyer glanced at her in recognition before starting to write something down than men passing a black pen to Henry, "All right. If you could sign your name on the first line at the top, sir?"

Henry coughed a little, the edges of his face creasing in pain, but managed to sign his name in legible cursive.

"Who do you want to be your personal representative?" The lawyer questioned.

"Personal representative?" Noah replied, his eyes flickering from the lawyer to Henry then finally to Sunday.

"It's just someone who's gonna be handling all of dad's assets." Sunday responded, smoothing her shirt as she spoke.