Chapter 4: Lani's House

Y/N's POV
it's the next morning and i check my phone. i see that before Kehlani fell asleep, she texted me telling me to bring a bathing suit for her pool.

i text her "good morning☺️" but i think she's still sleeping because she hasn't responded yet. i'll give her some time, but it was 11:30 in the morning.

i get up and make some tea with honey and make some toast. after i finish eating, i take off my clothes, grab a towel, and get in the shower.

as i'm washing myself, i remember that me and Kehlani have a date. i'll ask her if we can do it some other day this week, i honestly just wanted to hang out at her house today.

i finish running water down my body and put my towel on. as i get into my room, i check my phone and see that i got a text from Kehlani.

"good morning, what you up to?"

oouuu she curious, let me tell her anyway.

"i just got out of the shower, i'm getting ready right now."

"oh alright, you don't mind if my some of my friends are here right?" Lani asked

"not at all, i'd love to meet them☺️" i say

"ight, you can bring Jai and B if you want, i'd love to meet them." she implied

"you remembered their names? wow." i said

"i never forget names." she said

"well, i'll tell them they can come over there with me. i'll see you later <3." i say

"later." she said

i turn my phone off and start to get ready. i pack a bag with some extra clothes, my bathing suit, and a charger.

i text Jai.

"yo, you and B wanna come over to Kehlani's house with me today?"

"yeah fs, do we need anything?" Jai asked

"well being your chargers ofc and if you want, bring a bathing suit."

"alright, we'll get ready now."

"okay, i'll be over there to pick you guys up soon." i say

"alright, see you then." Jai said

"see ya."

i go on twitter while i'm waiting for Jai to tell me that her and B are ready.

while i'm scrolling, i come across one of Kehlani's tweets from last night: "best day i've had in a long ass time"

this had me smiling hard as hell, i couldn't stop, i just felt so special. damn, i never knew i could be that much of a joy to someone, wow.

Jai texts me "MF DO YOU NOT LOOK AT YOUR PHONE? HELLO? WE'RE READY. i told you like, 5 times already, what were you doing?"

"i'm sorry, i wasn't on my phone, i'm coming to get y'all now." i say

"about damn time😒" she was obviously mad

"i said sorry, damn"

"alright i'm omw now"

"alright, see you then mf." she said

i grab my things and lock my door. i head out to my car and start driving to B's house.

10 minutes later, i pulled up and honked to let them know i was there. while i was waiting for them, i texted Kehlani asking for her address and she sent it. i put it in my gps and waited for them.